This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly resort in Wyoming
- Western-themed activities and food
- Get up close to the site's bison herd
Yee-haw! If Western-themed Wyoming hols are your USA holiday thang, we suggest you lasso your cowboys and cowgirls and gallop along smartish to the state's Bison Ranch Resort.
You could lay your hat here for weeks with the range of Western-themed activities on offer at this big and family-friendly park, from horseback riding into the prairie to pony rides for younger cowboys/girls, to the entertainment, heaps of good food, all-terrain vehicle tours and info on the history and culture of Wyoming.
And – very much a billy bonus – guests can take train tours on the dinky little locomotives into the middle of the site's bison herd: pretence of cowboy living very much encouraged during same.
For Junior, there's the Kid Corral with Ferris wheel, merry-go-round, horseshoe pits and aeroplane ride – somehow we don't think they'll give a hoot about the authenticity or not of this last in the days of cowboy.
Kids can also try their luck fishing on site, and the Terry Bison team will take, clean, gut and cook their catch for them for a small extra charge.
Catches and other food are dished up at the Tombstone Café for breakfast and the Senator's Steakhouse for lunch and a most hearty cowboy dinner. Need something more exciting? Catch the Sunday lunch train for a meal on the move or sashay along to a special event like the dinner, dance and auction of Dance in the Buff.
The ranch also has a gift shop, selling souvenirs and packs of buffalo meat.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Water hook-up points for tourers
Twenty minutes by car (not horseback, alas) is the old city and Wyoming state capital of Cheyenne, where sights to see include the Old West Museum, the 50+ buildings of the National Register of Historical Places including the Union Pacific train depot, and the 37-mile greenway connecting the city's parks and neighbourhoods; take a walking tour to see more.
About an hour away, the Wyoming Territorial Prison Historic Site, also on the National Register of Historic Places, dates back to 1872 and these days comes with a prison museum, a frontier town with living history characters, and special events throughout the year.
The million or so acres of the Medicine Bow National Forest lie to Laramie County's northwest extending over Wyoming and Colorado. Among the many outdoor options here are rock climbing at Vedauwoo, wildlife watching, and hiking around Snowy Range and other forest mountains,
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Terry Bison Ranch Resort have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Terry Bison Ranch Resort dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Terry Bison Ranch Resort? Twenty minutes by car (not horseback, alas) is the old city and Wyoming state capital of Cheyenne, where sights to see include the Old West Museum, the 50+ buildings of the National … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Terry Bison Ranch Resort?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: noon
Check-in is 2:00 pm, check-out is at noon.Read more