This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Well-equipped cabin in a remote Scranton spot by the Arkansas River
- Fishing in Lake Dardanelle 10 minutes away; quad trails half an hour
- Hot tub, barbecue, kitchen gadgets, queen bed and bathroom with shower
Blissful evenings spent watching the sunset from a bubbling hot tub, deep in woodland, with the sounds of a river and nature for company… can you feel yourself relaxing already? Make it a reality at Cozy Cabin off the Arkansas River.
You’ll need to trundle down a four-mile, well-maintained dirt road on the journey from Scranton (eight miles away) to reach this well-equipped cabin. Once you’re there, you’ll be greeted with a welcome basket and complimentary coffee, milk and sugar – stick the coffee machine on, pour yourself a brew and have a nose around.
When it comes to sleeping arrangements, there’s a queen bed in the bedroom and a queen sofa bed in the living area. All linen and towels (there’s a shower in the bathroom) are provided. The kitchen also comes fully (emphasis on the fully) equipped, with a fridge, hob, oven, grill, microwave, toaster and blender, plus a good stack of dishes, utensils, pots and pans (oh, and a dishwasher to deal with cleaning it all up).
Other nifty gadgets include a hairdryer, TV, DVD player with films and indoor/outdoor Bluetooth speaker, as well as games, puzzles and playing cards.
The little luxuries continue outside – this is where you’ll find the hot tub (which has a pretty view overlooking the creek), as well as plenty of seating and a dual charcoal/gas barbecue. Stroll a little further to get to the fire ring for cosy campfires down by the water.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoorsy types will be in their element here. For water adventures, Lake Dardanelle (a reservoir on the Arkansas River) is famed for its fishing, and it’s a mere 10-minute drive from base. Alternatively, rent kayaks, canoes and rafts from Turner Bend (45 minutes) for explores of the Mulberry River, a 70-mile tributary of the Arkansas River.
If you’re keen to stay on dry land, there are miles of trails to conquer in the Ouachita and Ozark National Forests, and Mount Magazine and Mount Nebo are both fine choices for a hike (both about 50 minutes away). Quad-biking trails start a half-hour drive from the cabin, and a handy map of the US Forest Service ATV roads and trails is provided in the cabin to help you plan.
All this fresh air is great for a bit of wildlife-spotting too, so keep your eyes peeled for animal sightings while you roam. Holla Bend National Wildlife Refuge (50 minutes) is a prime spot for birdwatching, and lucky folk might also catch a glimpse of a deer or bald eagle.
There are a few wineries in Altus (35 minutes), so indulge in some adult-friendly activity with a tasting, then stock up for evenings back at the cabin/in the hot tub…
- Does Cozy Cabin off the Arkansas River have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Cozy Cabin off the Arkansas River dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Cozy Cabin off the Arkansas River? Outdoorsy types will be in their element here. For water adventures, Lake Dardanelle (a reservoir on the Arkansas River) is famed for its fishing, and it’s a mere 10-minute drive from base. … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Cozy Cabin off the Arkansas River?
On-site accommodation Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: noon