This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-owned park near Spearfish, South Dakota
- Heated swimming pools, petting zoo and basketball court
- Easy driving distance to the Black Hills and Mount Rushmore
Say howdy to a South Dakota and Black Hills stay with some time at Chris' Campground, a family-owned site two miles east of Spearfish and within easy reach of the gorge, falls, rock climbing and fishing of Spearﬁsh Canyon.
It's an easy drive from here to all the major attractions of the Black Hills, including the historic mining town of Lead and the graves of Wild Bill Hickok and Calamity Jane in Deadwood. You can hike around the Devil's Tower National Monument or in Custer State Park, fish at Roughlock Falls and visit Spearfish Canyon, Mount Rushmore Memorial and Crazy Horse.
There's plenty to do for all ages on site, such as a petting zoo to keep the kids entertained, three pools, a basketball court and a recreation room, along with communal firepits and a food shop to cover meals and drinks.
Amenities include two launderettes, a washing-up area and three toilet/shower blocks. The site has free wifi.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Whether you're sticking to attractions within easy driving distance or using the site as a base for trips to Lead, Deadwood and Mount Rushmore, there's loads to see and do in the region to keep all tastes entertained.
Chris' is two miles from the town of Spearfish, home to both the DC Booth Historic Fish Hatchery and the High Plains Western Heritage Center & Museum. Within five miles is the spectacular Spearﬁsh Canyon, made up of limestone palisades older than the Grand Canyon in a gorge only accessible by horseback until the late nineteenth century. Fishing, hiking, climbing, nature spotting and birdwatching are all popular here.
Within 15 miles you can hike and fish in the Roughlock Falls State Recreation Area; go wild swimming in Iron Creek, or have a highly historic time at Deadwood, the Gold Rush town set lawlessly up in 1874 and these days site of a National Historic Landmark in its Deadwood Historic District.
More American history can be delved into at the Black Hills Mining Museum and the Homestake Gold Mine in Lead, both within 20 miles; further afield, famed USA attractions like the Devils Tower National Monument, Mount Rushmore Memorial and Crazy Horse can be reached in 60–65 miles.
Custer State Park is 75 miles away.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Chris' Campground have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Chris' Campground dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Chris' Campground? Whether you're sticking to attractions within easy driving distance or using the site as a base for trips to Lead, Deadwood and Mount Rushmore, there's loads to see and do in the … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Chris' Campground?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.