This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet site on the banks of the Österdal river near central Älvdalen
- Safari trips, sleigh rides, canoeing and fishing available in the area
- Tennis court, beach volleyball, playground, TV room and wifi
Who's up for a Swedish safari to see elk, moose and beavers? Or a spectacular horse-drawn sleigh ride? These excellent activities – and more – are all sorted for those who wish by the friendly team at Älvdalens Camping in northern Dalarna.
The site is on the banks of the Österdal river, a popular place for fishing and kayaking. Canoeing excursions can be arranged straight from the site, along with summer fly fishing courses for the uninitiated, wildlife safaris and summer mountain biking from the nearby town. Swimming at Nässjön lake and an ice rink and swimming pool with Jacuzzi and waterslide are close by.
Älvdalens Camping's riverside setting is 500 metres from the shops, leisure facilities, excursion bookings and restaurants of Älvdalen, surrounded by a rural landscape that's a top Dalarna pick for outdoor activities. Bikes and canoes can both be hired on site.
Facilities for guests include a guest kitchen, a tennis court, a TV room and a playground. A public indoor pool is 50 metres away.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Touring and motorhomes
After a spot of fishing or canoeing on the Österdal river or going in search of local elk, beavers and moose, hire a bike from the site team and explore the cycling trails along the river or into the surrounding forest. If you're exploring further by pedal, the Älvdalens Camping team recommends taking a local guide with you, to quickly get you to the best biking spots.
The diving tower, barbecue area and sands of Grundsand beach on Nässjön lake are within four kilometres of the site, one of several beaches in the region. About 10 kilometres from the site is the Mount Hykieberg nature reserve: if you hike the 100 metres of the peak you'll reach a barbecue shelter or slogbod for a picnic in spectacular and flower-filled surrounds.
Within 60 kilometres and well worth the drive for a day trip or two is Fulufjället National Park, the most southern in Sweden. Its big pulls are the country's highest waterfall, Njupeskär, at 93 metres, and the oldest tree in the world on Mount Fulufjället. The park also has 140 kilometres or so of marked hiking trails; fishing lakes; snow sports; guided tours and climbs for the experienced on Njupeskär's ice sheet.
- Does Älvdalens Camping have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Älvdalens Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Älvdalens Camping? After a spot of fishing or canoeing on the Österdal river or going in search of local elk, beavers and moose, hire a bike from the site team and explore the cycling … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Älvdalens Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – 9 p.m. Depart by: 3 p.m.