This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful countryside location surrounded by forests and lakes
- Wide range of outdoor activities and guided trips available
- Bar, café, barbecue hut and sports court
This Swedish site is nicely named. For adventure of all flavours is all around Johannisholm Adventure in Dalarna County, set in a land of snowy, watery and adrenalised activities all within easy reach.
You can be out from dusk to dawn in all seasons here, tackling canoeing, quad biking, hiking, climbing, archery or mountain hiking… and having a go in the winter months at skiing, sledging, ice fishing, curling, snowmobiling or – rather fab – daytime ice sculpturing or guided lantern walks by night...
And when you're taking a break from all that and unwinding back at base? A hot tub and sauna with traditional woodfired heating awaits on site: although you could still be adventurous here by following in the Swedish tradition of going straight from sauna to plunge pool – or a roll in the winter snow for the truly hardy.
Ping pong tables and a sports area with football pitch, volleyball and basketball courts are also on site. For fortification (essential with all that outdoor activity), you can have a bite in the café or a sup in the bar, pick up some fresh pastries and bread for the next day's brekkie, or use the grill hut or many barbecue areas for hot stuff under the Swedish sky.
An amenities block with toilets and showers; a washing-up area and a washing machine are also on site.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Mountain biking nearby
As you may have gathered by now, this Swedish setting is tiptop for outdoor pursuits. The Johannisholm Adventure owners arrange all sorts of guided tours on land and water for guests – and if they don't do it themselves, they'll know who does.
Another top outdoor Swedish spot is the town of Mora 35 kilometres away, the finish point of Vasaloppet, the longest and oldest cross country skiing race in the world. More placidly, the town is also known for its crafts, Mora knives and the Zorn Museum, housing the world's biggest collection of the works of Anders Zorn (if you dig the French Impressionists, you'll probably like his stuf too).
On the Gesunda Mountain south of Mora is Tomteland, a splendidly festive Santa Claus theme park set where Swedish legend has as the setting of Mr Claus's workshop. And a bit further at an hour's drive is Leksand Sommarland, the big family waterpark on the shore of Lake Siljan.
- Does Johannisholm Adventure have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Johannisholm Adventure dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Johannisholm Adventure? As you may have gathered by now, this Swedish setting is tiptop for outdoor pursuits. The Johannisholm Adventure owners arrange all sorts of guided tours on land and water for guests – … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Johannisholm Adventure?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.