This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- On the banks of the Kolpa river, with direct access to the water
- Family-run for more than 25 years; close to the Croatian border
- Watersports, adventure centre, playgrounds, restaurant and library
What’s on the schedule for a break at Camping Bela Krajin? Idling by the banks of the Kolpa? Or kayaking, canoeing and paddleboarding on the water of Slovenia's warmest river? Decisions, decisions, decisions…
Book in at this family-run holiday resort in the lush countryside of Bela Krajina and you’ll have the choice to poke around the country’s southernmost and smallest region too. Guests of the park are well placed for explores: it’s a couple of minutes’ walk from restaurants and shops in the tiny village of Podzemelj and close to the Croatian border, with the top cities of Zagreb and Ljubljana under an hour and a half’s drive.
As well as touring the terrain, taking on watersports and lazing on the grassy beaches, leisure options during a hol here include making the most of the park’s playgrounds, kids’ entertainment and outdoor adventure area with a climbing park and sports courts.
Looking for lazier times? Settle in at the restaurant in the middle of the site, with river views and a big summer terrace, for slow breakfasts and lunches of local dishes; this is also a popular meeting point for guests who fancy a chat over some Slovenian vino.
The park has a roster of other amenities too, including a library, a TV, board games, cards and occasional live music and dancing in the evenings, plus there’s an ice cream parlour and a small souvenir shop selling local products.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Water hook-up points for tourers
This leafy green area is excellent for cycling, hiking and local sports – just ask for details on where to go or book a tour at reception. Trips around wineries and breweries are organised, plus there’s a local breadmaking workshop to sign up for if you’re up for becoming a dab hand at baking.
Rather set off on a trip DIY style? Make your way to Karlovac over the border in Croatia (40 minutes’ drive) for access to canyoning, rafting and ziplining on another river, then dawdle to Dubovac Castle for a hint of history too.
If you’d prefer to stick to Slovenia, set off for Kočevje (an hour and five minutes) and the Krokar primaeval forest for strolls and cycle rides along the pretty paths. Keep your eyes peeled for brown bears as you roam – this is a habitat for these wild creatures.
- Does Camping Bela Krajina have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Bela Krajina dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Bela Krajina? This leafy green area is excellent for cycling, hiking and local sports – just ask for details on where to go or book a tour at reception. Trips around wineries and breweries … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Bela Krajina?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.