This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful and highly scenic site in the Vipava valley wine region
- A short drive from the famed UNESCO-listed Škocjan caves
- Via ferrata climbing routes and hiking routes from the site
Get your clambering kit ready, and your camera, for the views from this site across the Vipava valley are spectacular.
An hour’s drive from Slovenia’s capital Ljubljana, Kamp Tura is a pristine and peaceful site and a tiptop base for adrenalised pursuits such as mountaineering, paragliding and hang gliding. Should you prefer to get around on two wheels, this place is a topping spot for cycling too: the climb to the site is very steep, so an excellent challenge for pro pedallers.
For trips a little further afield, this place is also a handy base for exploring below ground and around the coast: the UNESCO-listed Škocjan caves are within half an hour’s drive, and the Italian port city of Trieste can be reached in about 45 minutes.
After getting stuck into all the outdoorsy pursuits and nature trails in the site’s vicinity, settle back at base to sample the local gastronomy at the site’s restaurant, and wash whatever you choose to dine on down with a lush local wine: Kamp Tura is right in the middle of Slovenia’s Vipavska Brda wine region, so there’s bound to be something behind the bar to cater to one’s discerning taste.
A playground is on site to keep small people entertained, and leisure facilities for all include comprise a games and TV room, tennis and pétanque courts and fishing.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
From the summit of Gradiška Tura – a peak on the western side of the of Nano plateau mountain range – a scenic climbing route has smashing views out over the Vipava valley, the wooded peak of Čaven, and Trstelj, and Golake. Lots of waymarked hiking trails are around, and a horse riding centre is around half an hour’s drive away in Lipica.
Explore subterranean Slovenia over at the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the world-famed Škocjan caves, a jaw-droppingly scenic system of limestone chambers made up of collapsed sinkholes, waterfalls, six kilometres of underground passages and the world’s largest known underground chamber.
As you’ll be right in the middle of the Vipava valley, you’re also right in the middle of Slovenian wine country. The scenic countryside around here is a good spot for pedal tours, and plenty of gastronomic tours and wine tasting trips well within your holiday grasp.
During springtime, the valley’s abundant peach and apricot trees are in blossom and make for rather a pretty scene, as they do in autumn, when their foliage turns to deep red and orangey hues. If you’re not planning on wine tasting, the valley is also lovely to tour from the comfort of a car.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Kamp Tura have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Kamp Tura dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Kamp Tura? From the summit of Gradiška Tura – a peak on the western side of the of Nano plateau mountain range – a scenic climbing route has smashing views out over the Vipava … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Kamp Tura?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – 10 p.m. Depart by: noon