This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful family park just outside the town of Bovec in the Julian Alps
- Hub for adventure sports including rafting, canyoning and paragliding
- Restaurant with outdoor terrace for summer meals
Ooh... just take a peek at those peaks..
If the pics have piqued your interest, plonk down for a little while at Kamp Polovnik, a peaceful and family-friendly place in the Soča Valley, described by locals as the sunny side of the Julian Alps. The vibe may well be relaxed on site but the local town, Bovec, is something of a mecca for adrenaline seekers who flock here for adventure sports and outdoorsy pursuits including kayaking, canyoning, caving, mountain biking, horse riding and paragliding.
As befits a site dedicated to kicking back and relaxing, facilities are low-key: there's no noisy entertainment or heaps of activities making demands on your time, just a chilled-out restaurant and bar (for eats and drinks on the outdoor terrace should the weather be kindly), while the tiddlers expend the last of the day’s energy dashing around in the play area.
You’re welcome to fire up the barbie if you’re more of a DIY foodie; a small grocery shop is on site, or it’ll take you five minutes or so to amble into town to the supermarket.
It’s highly likely that the rollicking roster of adventurous endeavours around these parts may leave you a teeny bit mucky around the edges, but fear not – the site has hot showers to hose away whatever the day’s thrown at you, and a launderette to take care of your travelling togs.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Leave the car at home
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Stock up on suncream and add a hat in your baggage, for it’s likely you’ll be muchly out and about here.
How you spend that time is up to you though – gentle riverside rambles or quiet afternoons spent fishing in the Soča river for some folks, or adventurous days scrambling up rocks or flinging oneself off a mountain for others. Tour agencies are in town if you fancy trying your hand at rafting, caving, climbing, kayaking, horse riding, paragliding or canyoning.
Alternatively, hike on one of the trails along the river or up into the mountains – site staff can advise on top picks. A popular day-long route is along part of the Alpe-Adria-Trail running between Bovec and the mountain village of Kobarid, much of it by the left bank of the Soča river. Other options include the walk to Boka Falls or Lake Krn (both four hours or so) or driving to the mountain passes and hiking trails of Vršič and Mangart, each about a 45-minute drive away.
For calmer days to let your heartbeat return to normal, take a walk around one of the open-air museums set up in the area’s World War I trenches: the closest, Ravelnik is just a couple of minutes’ drive away.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Kamp Polovnik have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Kamp Polovnik dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Kamp Polovnik? Stock up on suncream and add a hat in your baggage, for it’s likely you’ll be muchly out and about here. How you spend that time is up to you though – … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Kamp Polovnik?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: Anytime