This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Hilltop cabin with mountain and sea views
- Within 50 minutes of hikes, fishing, fjord cruises and horse trekking
- Boat, fishing and ski equipment hire; outdoor terrace with hot tub
Northern Lights or midnight sun? Both can be had from a hilltop terrace at Lyngen Cabins, in the Troms province of Norway’s far north.
A good 650 kilometres above the Arctic Circle and a couple of hours’ drive from the city of Tromsø, Lyngen Cabins are at the foot of the Lyngen alps, and a short walk from the sea, surrounded by fjords, forests and lakes.
While the views are wild, the accommodation is civilised, with cracking views from the big windows and outdoor terrace and cosy interiors to bask in after long days of Arctic exploring. It’s hard to improve on natural spectacles like the Northern Lights and the 24-hour summer days, but watching them while you’re soaking in the outdoor hot tub and sipping something chilled adds a certain icing to the cake...
On the subject of ice, the surroundings alps are a magnet for skiers, dog sledders and glacier trekkers; you can hire equipment for such polar escapades from the friendly proprietors as well as arrange boat trips for fishing and guided excursions doing everything from mushroom foraging to ice fishing and whale spotting.
If you’ve come via Tromsø you may well have stocked up on supplies already; if not, there’s a supermarket in Nord-Lenangen, five minutes’ drive away.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Lake and/or mountain
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Pining for the fjords? Down in Lyngseidet, 50 minutes’ drive away, you can take a high speed RIB ride through the chilly waters of the Lyngenfjord... or for a more sedate approach, clop through the countryside on horseback.
When needing sustenance, take a trip to the Aurora distillery in Årøybukt an hour away to see how the world’s most northerly whisky is made, and perhaps taste a little too. Goats' cheese and horse meat are local specialities if you want a chaser...
Further afield but worth the two-hour trip, slim riverboats leave from Storslett to cruise down the Reisa river, taking in the mighty 274-metre Mollisfossen waterfall on the edges of the Reisa National Park.
It’s the same distance if you want some city sophistication in Tromsø: old wooden cabins dot the centre of this lively, arty city and the restaurants dish up Nordic delicacies like toadstools, reindeer sausage and brown cheese alongside great quantities of just-caught fish. Visit the Arctic aquarium, peruse the harpoons in the polar museum and get an eagle’s eye view of the city from the cable car.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Lyngen Cabins have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Lyngen Cabins dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Lyngen Cabins? Pining for the fjords? Down in Lyngseidet, 50 minutes’ drive away, you can take a high speed RIB ride through the chilly waters of the Lyngenfjord... or for a more sedate approach, … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Lyngen Cabins?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: noon