This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Sociable site in the wooded grounds of an Užupis hostel
- A 10-minute walk from Vilnius Old Town; 20 minutes from train station
- Bike rental, bar, barbecue terrace and breakfast available
Downtown and a forest all mixed into one? Yup, that’s the deal at Downtown Forest Hostel and Camping, in a nifty Vilnius location that’s got easy access to both the historic centre and the leafier outer areas.
Stays here are in the grounds of a big house surrounded by lawns and trees out in the self-proclaimed republic of Užupis. A big park, river and ponds are all within a 10-minute walk for times when you fancy a bit of peaceful outdoorsy time, and the city centre is a similar distance away for equally straightforward sightseeing. The folk on site are full of tips for outings and eats, so make sure you take the chance to pick their brains before heading out.
Or maybe before staying in… for this is a sociable place with a terrace that turns itself into a bar and barbecue area on summer evenings, with guests gathering to chat over beers while grilling their choice of dinner (tools, coal and grills can all be hired on site for a small charge). Bit chilly for such things? Keep the vibe going by relocating indoors to cosy up by the fireplace.
Plenty of essentials are sorted at this site: there’s free wifi, a guest kitchen, bike rental and a reception area with helpful folk on hand 24 hours a day. Perhaps best of all, you can set yourself up for days out with a cracking breakfast of croissants delivered by one of the top patissiers in town (order the day before) with a cup of tea or coffee on the house.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Before even venturing into town it’s worth spending some time in your Užupis surroundings – this artistic corner of the city has such a strong identity that it’s declared itself a republic, with its own government and constitution. A stroll around here is likely to take in street art, open-air sculptures and intriguing little shops and galleries, and should end with a wander up Altana Hill for views out over the city.
And then down to the Old Town for strolls through the medieval streets to see Gediminas Castle, the cathedral, the historic university and the atmospheric Jewish quarter. There are heaps of fab places to eat in town too, including a Friday night open-air street food market
Lithuania’s a pretty compact place, so you could easily use this site as a base for ventures to other corners of the country. The train and bus stations are about 20 minutes’ walk away, for outings to Trakai Castle (35 minutes by train) and Kaunas (an hour and a half).
- Does Downtown Forest Hostel and Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Downtown Forest Hostel and Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Downtown Forest Hostel and Camping? Before even venturing into town it’s worth spending some time in your Užupis surroundings – this artistic corner of the city has such a strong identity that it’s declared itself a republic, … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Downtown Forest Hostel and Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: noon