This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful site next to the Neris river on the outskirts of Vilnius
- Around a half-hour journey to the city by public transport
- Bike hire, bus tours, internet café and kitchen with dining area
Venturing to Vilnius? A very fine idea. Bagging a bargain berth to boot? Even better.
The spacious Camping Vilnius City is towards the edge of the city, close to a beach on the Neris river and opposite Vingis Park (the city’s biggest park, and a handy place for a run, a walk or a place for the small sorts to let off steam). It’s a mighty nifty location: close enough to the city centre for easy outings but far enough for some peace and quiet when you need it.
If you need a hand to get your bearings, hop on one of the bus tours that leaves from just outside; should you prefer to freestyle, it’ll take you around half an hour to get to the old town by bus or you can hire bikes on site to pedal the seven-kilometre route.
Back at base, all the essentials are covered: there’s a launderette, a wifi-connected internet café, a library and a communal kitchen with dining area. Guests can stoke up the coals at the barbecue area for fair-weather feasts, and peruse the garden for a handful of herbs to spice up their meals.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
You can’t really start your Vilnius wanderings anywhere other than Europe’s largest baroque Old Town – it’s a mighty fine place for a stroll, starting at Cathedral Square and just following your nose through the cobbled streets and courtyards as you please. Once you’ve seen the area up close, take a hike up 50-metre Gediminas Hill (or ride the funicular if you’re a little weary of foot) for some splendid views.
To get a grip on the city’s more recent history, pay a visit to the KGB Museum and/or the Holocaust Museum, then lighten the mood with a tour of the Museum of Illusions. It’s also worth crossing the border into the self-proclaimed republic of Užupis, a bohemian area full of street art, independent shops and little cafés and bars.
If you’d like to set your sights beyond the city, it’ll take you around half an hour to drive to Trakai (for the history museum and castle), or just over an hour to Kaunas (for the open-air museum and Museum of Devils). Hikers seeking a place to stretch their legs can get to the Neris Regional Park or Dzūkija National Park with a drive of around an hour or so.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Vilnius City have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Vilnius City dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Vilnius City? You can’t really start your Vilnius wanderings anywhere other than Europe’s largest baroque Old Town – it’s a mighty fine place for a stroll, starting at Cathedral Square and just following your … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Vilnius City?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: noon