This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful site in the woods 10 minutes' walk from Barberino Val d’Elsa
- Less than an hour from Florence and Siena by car or public transport
- Swimming pool and paddling pool with views over the Chianti hills
If you’re taking time in the Tuscan hills, it’s worth settling in somewhere that gives you not only cracking views of the countryside, but also easy access to the towns and cities for fuss-free days out. One such strategic spot is Camping Semifonte, a peaceful place in the woods just outside Barberino Val d’Elsa.
From here it’ll take you 40 minutes or so to drive to the famed attractions of Florence, Siena and San Gimignano. Or abandon the car for the day – there’s a bus stop a couple of minutes’ walk away, from whence you can be swiftly whisked to the main towns in a more leisurely fashion.
Hugging the hillside as it does, the site has spectacularly scenic views over the Chianti countryside to feast your eyes upon as you relax. Idle hours should thus be spent around the grounds too, sunning yourself on the grass, stretching out in a shaded spot for a snooze or chilling out in or by the swimming pool. There's a paddling pool for kids, as well as a playground and a covered TV area.
Barbecue basics, ice cream and fresh bread are among the offerings at the on-site mini market, or you can work up an appetite by taking the 10-minute walk to town for your Tuscan treats, either in the restaurants or at the supermarket. A fridge and freezer are on site to store your supplies in the unlikely event of leftovers.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Friendly staff, Lovely campsite, peaceful and clean.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Le lieu l accueil le calme
La piscine les équipement le calme .et pas de contrainte …
Le personnel est très accueillant et serviable. Les emplacements sont …
Prima plek voor verkenning Toscane. 30 km van Florence en Siena
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Those partial to a tipple or two will no doubt lap up the opportunity to drop into some of the local wineries. The hills are alive with the sound of corks popping around here, so take your pick from the estates and cellars (there are heaps within a 45-minute drive) and plot a course for a pleasant day pottering through the vines.
Start historic ramblings at Semifonte, where a chapel replicaticating the famed dome of Florence’s cathedral is all that remains of a great estate. You can drive up here in 10 minutes or take a walk – it’ll take you about an hour or so through the vineyards and olive groves. Another recommended spot nearby is Certaldo, a hilltop town with a well-preserved medieval centre 20 minutes or so away.
Florence and Siena are both about 40 minutes away by car, with San Gimignano a little closer at half an hour.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Semifonte have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Semifonte dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Semifonte? Those partial to a tipple or two will no doubt lap up the opportunity to drop into some of the local wineries. The hills are alive with the sound of corks popping … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Semifonte?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 12:30 p.m.