This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small family-run site on the northern shore of spectacular Lake Como
- Public transport to local villages stops just outside the site
- Bar serving coffee, cold drinks and tasty local cuisine
With views out over Lake Como, a friendly family team, well-manicured grounds, spotless sanitary amenities and a washing-up area you could probably eat your dinner off... as well as easy proximity to fine sights around Como city and the historic villas of Balbianello and Serbellonii, a stay at Camping North Wind should be a breeze.
This is a small and scenic spot in the town of Domaso, on the northern shore of Lake Como and among a greenly scenic area close to the lake. It's a short distance from the beach and fine turquoise waters of Lake Como, with water-based pursuits such as sailing, surf lessons and fishing all within simple reach of your boat, board or rod.
A small and modern bar is at the site entrance for coffee, cooling drinks and tasty local dishes. Should you seek sustenance – or a spot of town sightseeing – elsewheew, restaurants, pizzerias and supermarkets are plentiful around North Wind’s local town of Domaso, and several of the site’s closest lakeside villages are reachable via public transport via the bus stopping outside the park.
The washing-up, toilet and coin-operated shower amenities here are consistently hailed by previous guests as ‘immaculate’, ‘spotless’ and ‘well-maintained’. This is a green site too, with the hot water supply provided by a modern solar energy system.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed low season only
Lake and/or mountain
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Settled on Lake Como’s most northern point, Camping North Wind is splendidly set for active holidays both on land and in the water. Fishing, surf lessons and canoeing are all available very near by, and hiking, climbing and mountain biking are good options around the lake and surrounding mountains during the summer months.
The site is well set to explore northern Italy and Como and Milan (an hour and three quarters away), as well as Switzerland with its border a short and drive away. Comely Como is around an hour and a half’s drive.
Other sights around Lake Como include Villa del Balbianello, built in 1700, and the 17th-century gardens of Villa Serbellonii, built on Bellagio’s highest point and networked by more than 18 kilometres' worth of walking paths for scenic promenades.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping North Wind have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping North Wind dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping North Wind? Settled on Lake Como’s most northern point, Camping North Wind is splendidly set for active holidays both on land and in the water. Fishing, surf lessons and canoeing are all available very … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping North Wind?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 10:30 p.m. Depart by: noon