This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Eco-conscious site in the high Apennines, with cycling all around
- About 10 minutes' drive from the Sassi di Roccamalatina Regional Park
- Vegetarian and vegan restaurant, serving local organic produce
If you like your stays to be of the sustainable sort, give Eco Bio Camping Montequestiolo a go: this green site in the lush mountainous landscape of the high Apennines was set up to be fully eco conscious, for peaceful stays in a quiet setting in the Modena province of Emilia-Romagna.
And the proof of the (environmentally friendly) pudding? The park’s restaurant serves only vegetarian and vegan food using local organic produce, and the owners make as much of it from scratch as possible – from bread and pasta to pies and jam, often cooked up with herbs from the garden.
Stop off at this site for a night or two on a cycling (and eating) trip or base yourself for longer to set off on a lengthy ride each day: about an hour and 20 minutes from Monte Cimone, the highest mountain in the northern Apennines, the park’s surrounds are ace for pedalling about, with thousands of kilometres of trails in the surrounding scenic countryside.
The Sassi di Roccamalatina Regional Park – covering 23,000 hectares over 800 metres above sea level – can be accessed about 10 minutes’ drive to the west for biking as well as horse riding on some of the 14 routes; just ask at the site about rentals and tours.
And for those practical bits and bobs? Eco Bio Camping Montequestiolo is five minutes’ drive from Zocca, where a handful of supermarkets are on hand to pick up energy bars for countryside adventure, and an hour and 10 minutes from Bologna if you want to schedule some time in one of Italy’s stunning cities during your hol.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Il servizio, la pulizia, la location, il panorama.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
While a stay at this site is all about meandering about in nature, whether on two feet, two wheels or on horseback, other activities include trips to the mystical tarot-themed museum in Vergata (40 minutes’ drive) and tours of the Ducati Museum (55 minutes) in Bologna with its collection of vintage motorbikes.
More sights in this city an hour and 20 minutes from Eco Bio Camping Montequestiolo include the central Piazza Maggiore square for sipping on alfresco espressos while staring at grand buildings and the massive Basilica of San Petronio with its 22 chapels and Gothic architecture.
For other urban things to do, Modena (also an hour and 10 minutes from the site) is a quieter destination known for its balsamic vinegar – so swing by here if you have a hankering to stock up on a topnotch salad dressing.
If you’re in this alpine region when the mercury dips, the skiing at Abetone is an hour and 30 minutes away.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Eco Bio Camping Montequestiolo have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Eco Bio Camping Montequestiolo dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Eco Bio Camping Montequestiolo? While a stay at this site is all about meandering about in nature, whether on two feet, two wheels or on horseback, other activities include trips to the mystical tarot-themed museum in … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Eco Bio Camping Montequestiolo?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.