This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful campsite on the banks of the River Sarthe
- Less than an hour from the 24 Hours of Le Mans road race
- Pool, bar-restaurant and regular entertainment
Sssh, this is a mighty peaceful place… And a mighty relaxed one too, for Laurent and team at Camping Morédéna have arranged the whole setup for guests to be as chilled out here as possible – there’s even a boat launch and a pontoon on site for lucky ducks who’ve been able to bring along their own craft. (Oui, Camping Morédéna is by water – in a gently serene setting on the banks of the River Sarthe.)
If you find cooking a faff, ditch the whole idea of it while here and nosh at Au Fil de l'Eau, the independent bar-restaurant at the entrance of the campsite dishing up takeaways and breakfasts; amusement is covered here too with the family nights, free evening concerts and entertainment activities for all ages.
Morédéna also has a pool, open in July and August, a playground, a pétanque court and a sports area. Refreshments and ice cream are for sale at reception, where you can also order fresh bread and viennoiseries as well as buy laundry tokens for the washing machine.
Wifi is available throughout the site.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
A fitness trail and tennis courts are 400 metres from Morédéna, and fishing, canowing, hiking and cycling are all available close by. The River Sarthe winds alongside the campsite with another hiking trail starting from there. (And do take time for a boat trip along the river too…)
Wildlife watchers can wander the surrounding countryside in search of species, or make sure of spottings at the Zoo de la Flèche 35 kilometres away and a good option for a family day out. About an hour away, the small theme park of Papéa Parc has rides for younger children.
One of the team’s most recommended options in the area is Le Mans, the capital of the Sarthe department famed throughout the world for 24 Hours of Le Mans, the world's oldest active sports car race and held every June. If you’re not in town around then, the medieval Old Town, cathedral and other old sights also come highly recommended.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Morédéna have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Morédéna dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Morédéna? A fitness trail and tennis courts are 400 metres from Morédéna, and fishing, canowing, hiking and cycling are all available close by. The River Sarthe winds alongside the campsite with another hiking … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Morédéna?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: noon