This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- By the banks of the Loire on the Loire à vélo cycle route
- Family friendly on three hectares of greenery bordering forest
- Playground, summer events and riverside relaxation area
Well, the name’s a dead giveaway here, isn’t it? And why not – if you had a place right on the banks of the lovely Loire river, you’d want to shout about it too, non?
To the specifics… family-friendly Camping Au Bord de Loire is in three sprawling hectares of greenery on the left bank of the Loire, a kilometre from the Maine-et-Loire town of Gennes. The Loire à Vélo bike route passes just by the site – excellent news for folks who fancy a gentle riverside pedal as well as those intrepid types tackling the entire 900-kilometre epic.
And there’s plenty more alfresco antics in the area too – boating, swimming and fishing are close by, and you can see the scenic surrounds from ground level (on a hike or a horse ride) or above (on a hot air balloon ride). Château visits, canoe trips and sparkling wine tastings are less than half an hour away in Saumur.
Need somewhere to chill after all that activity? Head to the site’s riverside relaxation area while the nippers entertain themselves at the playground. For eats, site staff pull together pizza nights and pancake parties through the summer, and a snack wagon swings by on Fridays. Cool drinks are available on site in high season, and a kindly local baker pops round with fresh goodies every morning.
Want to keep in touch with the wider world? Free wifi and a TV are at reception.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Taking a dip in summer involves making a decision – stroll for a couple of minutes to the local pool for swims and waterslide action (open every afternoon through the summer) or take the 15-minute drive to Grézillé, where there’s supervised swimming and fishing from the splendid sandy lake beach.
Messing about in boats is on the menu in Gennes itself, or you can leave it to the experts by boarding a cruise to Saumur from Le Thoureil, five minutes away. And Saumur’s certainly worth a visit, whether you spend your time at the château, watching the horse displays at Le Cadre Noir or sipping something from the sparkling wine cellars.
For a helping of local history, check out the cave dwellings 10 minutes away in Chênehutte, the Rochemenier troglodyte village (25 minutes) and the fab Fontevraud Abbey (40 minutes).
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Au Bord de Loire have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Au Bord de Loire dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Au Bord de Loire? Taking a dip in summer involves making a decision – stroll for a couple of minutes to the local pool for swims and waterslide action (open every afternoon through the summer) or … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Au Bord de Loire?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: noon