This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site five minutes’ drive from Chemillé-Melay
- 40 minutes' drive from Puy du Fou theme park
- Sandy river beach with safe swimming area and pedalo hire
What a splendid spot this is for a summer hol with the kids – safe swimming, hours of organised fun and only a half-hour drive from one of the country’s top theme parks.
It’s a fably family-friendly set-up at Camping de Coulvée, five minutes’ drive from Chemillé-Melay in the Anjou region. The Hyrôme river flows just past for pedalo rides as well as splashing about in the roped-off swimming area (under the watchful eye of a lifeguard in the summer months). If you don’t fancy getting wet, the beach is the place to settle for a sandcastle or sunbathing session.
Elsewhere around the site there’s table tennis, a games room, a playground and a bouncy castle for energetic enfants, and those between the ages of six and 12 can sign up for activities at the high season kids’ club, for games, cooking, treasure hunts and nature trails.
With the nippers whisked from your clutches, you may consider settling in for a serene morning of seeing what you can hook out of the fishing pond – rudd, carp, pike, perch and catfish are among the critters awaiting your bait. Or you might prefer an traditional afternoon playing pétanque, while nursing a beer, coffee or ice cream from the bar...?
There's a riverside picnic area for alfresco eats: pick up a spread from the supermarket five minutes’ drive away, cook up on your barbie or order a pizza to be delivered to reception. Whatever you pick, add a bottle of the local vino to go with it – the vineyards of the Anjou do a most quaffable rosé.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Large (51-200 sites)
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
This is a gorgeously green area for wanderings, with over 50 signposted paths within striking distance. There’s also a riding centre a few minutes’ drive away should you prefer to hire some hooves (horses and ponies are available for all skill levels and ages six and over).
The big attraction around these parts is the Puy du Fou, about 40 minutes' drive away. Should it fire up the desire to see a bit more real history, a 40-minute drive or so on another day will take you to the troglodyte village of Rochemenier or to roam around the 13th-century Château d’Angers.
For a grownup day, trot along to the Anjou-Saumur wine museum, to learn about the history of winemaking in the region since the 19th century, and to sign up for guided tastings on selected days. The 15-minute drive there takes you past several wineries where you can call in for a souvenir or two.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping de Coulvée have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping de Coulvée dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping de Coulvée? This is a gorgeously green area for wanderings, with over 50 signposted paths within striking distance. There’s also a riding centre a few minutes’ drive away should you prefer to hire some … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping de Coulvée?
Camping and touring Arrive: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: Anytime