This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Beach site surrounded by palm trees; 600 metres from a river mouth
- A 10-minute drive from Tayrona National Park; an hour to Santa Marta
- Surf lessons and rentals, beach volleyball, restaurant, bar and shop
Picture the scene: a hol spent sleeping on a Caribbean beach with nothing but the sound of the waves to wake you up. Too good to be true? All it takes is booking into dreamy CasaGrande Surf in Magdalena, north-west Colombia.
The setting of this pretty site is nothing short of fab: on a sandy shoreline, 600 metres from the mouth of the Mendihuaca River, surrounded by palm trees and with views of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. As it's under a 10-minute drive from the entrance of Tayrona National Park, the park's also well set for this top tourist attraction.
Tayrona National Park is made up of paths through the jungle and along the sandy, boulder-strewn shoreline, making it a hotspot for hikers as well as beachcombers. You can stay overnight here in this car-free area, walking all the way to the Pueblito ruins, or choose a shorter trek to a coastal lagoon and make your way back to CasaGrande Surf by nightfall.
Back at base, the sandy beach is a playground for yoga classes, beach volleyball and surfing alike (the site organises lessons and has boards for hire). A restaurant and bar in a beach shack serves Colombian cuisine and international dishes – as well as fruity cocktails – for re-energising after crashing about in the waves. There's a shop on site too to keep you stocked up on snacks and drinks.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Tourer storage facilities
To spend a couple of hours tubing down a river with a beer in hand, take a bus for 40 minutes up the coast from CasaGrande Surf to Palomino and bag a rubber ring and a motorbike ride to the starting-off point from one of the shops in the village. Post-float, pizza restaurants and cafés are in the main street leading down to the beach.
To see Camarones’ pink flamingos, journey another hour east to the Los Flamencos Nature Sanctuary. Heading westward instead? Santa Marta, the biggest city in the region, is also an hour away and home to an old cathedral as well as a lively bar scene.
If you're up for escaping the heat, Minca’s cooler climate is an hour and 10-minute drive up into the mountains – a top spot for flitting from finca to finca while finding out about how the region's coffee and chocolate is farmed.
- Does CasaGrande Surf have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is CasaGrande Surf dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near CasaGrande Surf? To spend a couple of hours tubing down a river with a beer in hand, take a bus for 40 minutes up the coast from CasaGrande Surf to Palomino and bag a … Read more
When can I check in and check out of CasaGrande Surf?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 1:30 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 1:30 p.m.