This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Friendly family site across five islands among the Una river rapids
- Whitewater rafting, fishing and mountaineering straight from the site
- Peaceful green setting with café serving traditional Bosnian cuisine
Get ready to get active. And for city nights as well as adventurous countryside days, for the Bosnia and Herzegovina site of Japodski Otoci is smashingly set for the lot.
For a start.. it's set across five islands. And it's by the gorgeous waters of the Una river, to have whitewater rafting days (for the intrepid) or peaceful strolls by the water (everyone else). This lush little place is also under an hour from Plitvice Lakes National Park and its waterfalls, springs, caves, 16 lakes and heaps of walking and hiking trails – and is 25 minutes' drive from the lively town of Bihać for sightseeing then loafing at the café terraces overlooking the Una.
Take a look at the pics to see the splendid setting you'll be having your hols in: there's loads of green space, tall trees to snooze under, hammocks to idle in and whitewater rafting, hiking, cycling, boating, fishing and mountaineering straight from the site. As you'll need a rest after all that, stroll over to the café for traditional Bosnian cuisine, followed by an easily occupied evening courtesy of the site's entertainment programme. A bar is also on site.
Japodski Otoci is in Bosnia's Una-Sana region, in the north-western chunk of the country on the border with Croatia. If you're laying your head down here on a European adventure, firstly, well done, and secondly, other top destinations like Zagreb and Zadar are about two and a half hours' drive away.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Medium (26-50 sites)
You'll have quite enough to do on and directly from the site, but there's a goodly amount of stuff to see and do to keep you entertained around Una-Sana and further afield too.
A first local stop should be the vibrant riverside town of Bihać, for pottering around its medieval buildings and eating your way through the menus of the riverside cafés and restaurants... then a Preminger beer from Bihać's award-winning brewery. You can go whitewater rafting from Bihać too (not after beer, plizz): along the Kostela to Salihovac route for beginners, and the Strbački buk-Lohovo way for hardier types.
And then... time for a day or three in the Plitvice Lakes National Park, 55 minutes' drive away over the border in Croatia. This spectacular 30,000-hectare place is home to waterfalls and lakes, caves and streams, and a jaw-dropping variety of wildlife including the European black bear: tis no wonder at all it's a UNESCO World Heritage Site...
The same distance from Japodski Otoci but on the Bosnian side of the border is Una National Park, also a top spot for waterfalls and whitewater rafting including the waters of Martin Brod where the International Una Regatta kayaking comp starts.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Japodski Otoci have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Japodski Otoci dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Japodski Otoci? You'll have quite enough to do on and directly from the site, but there's a goodly amount of stuff to see and do to keep you entertained around Una-Sana and further afield … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Japodski Otoci?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.