This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly rural site within walking distance of town centre
- Café-bistro, pool and playground
- Near hiking and cycle trails for all abilities
Make for the Alpine foothills for a thoroughly fine Austrian stay at Terrassen-Camping Traisen, a Lilienfeld site a couple of minutes' drive from the town centre of Traisen.
Town is easily accessible and Vienna is within an hour and a quarter, but you'll be deep in countryside when pitching up at this mighty pretty place, among well-marked hiking and mountain biking trails in the surrounding area, and in the Gutenstein Alps about half an hour's drive away. The Traisental cycle path runs nearby, passing several vineyards and cheese farms along the way: yes, that does mean bringing back abundant souvenirs clinking and rolling around in your bike basket.
The centre of this beaut and peaceful place is its outdoor and solar-heated pool; handily, the café/bistro is within steps of the water, so bag a drink or an ice cream and settle down to dry off on the waterside benches or the well-kept grass: yes, you may desire to do this for quite some time.
More options for your leisurely pleasure include table tennis, table football and a playground with trampoline (this last not recommended if much ice cream has been consumed beforehand). A food shop sells groceries and basics.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Hiking and mountain biking trails for all abilities around the flat and mountainous areas surround the site, and the Traisental cycle path covering 111 kilometres between St Pölten and Mariazell passes nearby. Heaps more hiking trails are around the Gutenstein Alps, a 30-minute drive away.
Going townwards, St Pölten is around half an hour's drive and the flower city of Tulln is reachable in about an hour. Take your camera and sightseeing hat too to the comely wooden houses and spectacular mountain views of Lackenhof, on the Ötscher river, and (but of course) around the coffee houses, Baroque architecture, opera houses, theatres and many museums of fab Vienna. Both cities are around an hour and 15 minutes' drive, or about an hour and a half for Vienna via nearby public transport.
For pampering, posh old villas, a historic theatre and more splendid scenery, motor along to the health and ski resort of Reichenau an der Rax in just over an hour. Plenty of hiking trails and natural springs are in the surroundings; whatever you plump for, make the cable car ride to the top of Rax mountain a must, to gaze down upon the countryside below.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Terrassen-Camping Traisen have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Terrassen-Camping Traisen dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Terrassen-Camping Traisen? Hiking and mountain biking trails for all abilities around the flat and mountainous areas surround the site, and the Traisental cycle path covering 111 kilometres between St Pölten and Mariazell passes nearby. … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Terrassen-Camping Traisen?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 2 p.m.