This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small family-run site on a working farm, 5.5 miles outside Limavady
- On the banks of the Roe and 10 minutes' drive from Benone beach
- Fishing, flushing toilets, hot showers and communal kitchen
Off to Northern Ireland and Games of Thrones land? Make it your mssion to meander west for a stay at Swanns Bridge Glamping, deep in green countryside with lush mountain views.
The family team opened the site on their working farm in 2016, to set up a space where guests of all sizes can have countryside stays and muddy adventures... but retreat back to a comfy and cosy base for evenings and sleeps afterwards. Flushing toilets and hot electric showers have been added, along with disabled facilities, free wifi, a washing-up area and a launderette.
And your setting? Swanns Bridge is on the banks of the Roe river and its famed waters for salmon and trout fishing, among spectacular scenery at the foot of Binevenagh mountain (GoT fans may recognise this peak). It's 10 minutes' drive from this Co Derry base to stunning and award-winning Benone beach, one of the longest beaches in Ireland north or south at a whopping seven miles, and in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty for hikes, hacks and bike rides.
There's easy access to sea and river watersports from the site too: the Swanns team can arrange kayaking, canoeing, surfing, raft building, hovercrafting and paddleboarding. For urban days, shops and supplies, Limavady is five and a half miles away and Derry/ Londonderry within half an hour. You can also get to Belfast in about an hour and a half by car, or in two and a quarter hours by train from nearby Bellarena to Yorkgate.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Swanns Bridge's Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty setting is in a popular region for cycling of all sorts, including touring, road racing and mountain biking. If you'd prefer to hike, the surrounding mountains and forests have trails aplenty (many suitable for mountain biking too); for hacks, local stables and liveries are within five miles to sort lessons and days out.
Anglers are well set up here, as the Roe running past the site on its way to Lough Foyle is one of the main sea trout and salmon fishing areas in the Foyle area. The team can arrange access to a jetty for disabled anglers.
A day or two should also be had at Benone, the award-winning beach edged by spectacular scenery of cliff, mountain and views across to Donegal. There's a paddling pool and golf club at the beach too, as well as zoned activity areas for jetskiing, dogs and swimming.
- Giant's Causeway, Antrim, Northern Ireland (31.0 kilometres)
- Downhill Demesne and Hezlett House (10.4 kilometres)
- Portstewart Strand (16.0 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Swanns Bridge Glamping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Swanns Bridge Glamping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Swanns Bridge Glamping? Swanns Bridge's Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty setting is in a popular region for cycling of all sorts, including touring, road racing and mountain biking. If you'd prefer to hike, the surrounding … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Swanns Bridge Glamping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 3:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.