This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-run mountain site along Tunkhannock Creek
- Rafting and fishing easily accessible in the local area
- Weekend activities, café, shop and Fun Zone with gem mining and more
Cosy and with a creek – and mountains – for hiking and skiing, climbing and biking, or just wandering and wildlife spotting among the lush local landscape: welcome to Cozy Creek Family Campground.
Cozy Creek is set along the Tunkhannock Creek, on scenic Route 6 in the Endless Mountains, near the Wyoming County seat of town of Tunkhannock. As a family-friendly site, plenty of options are available for all ages, including an outdoor pool, a playground, a horseshoe area, cornhole boards and basketball. The free Fun Zone has a jumping pillow, miniature golf and gem mining.
Regular family and kids' activities including painting parties, fancy dress, pirate and gardening weekends are arranged for guests, along with information sessions such as safe bike riding (the flat roads around here are excellent for family cycling).
The campground allows campfires and barbecues, and a shop is available for supplies. If you don't want to cook or if you fancy a snack, make your way to the café for ice cream or (and) pizza: you can have the pizza delivered straight to your pitch.
The campground has two bathroom blocks, one at the front of the park and one in the middle. A laundry facility is open for 24 hours a day and rubbish is collected daily. An ATM and bill changer are also available for guests.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Gas cylinders available
No hot water
No potable water point
No running water
Nearby farmers' market
Large (51-200 pitches)
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Fully serviced pitches
Tourer storage facilities
Within five to ten minutes' drive are two golf resorts, Shadowbrook and StoneHedge; antique and gift shops, and the films, family vibe and workshops of the independent Dietrich Theatre, which also runs music nights and historic walking tours of Tunkhannock.
Outside town within about 30 minutes is the local landmark of the Tunkhannock Viaduct, the world's longest concrete railroad bridge at 2,375 feet. Within the same distance is the Lackawanna Coal Mine museum, telling the tale of the local mining industry via an hour-long subterranean tour.
The Houdini Museum tour and magic show is 45 minutes away, as are the Electric City Trolley Museum, in Scranton next to the Steamtown National Historic Site; concerts at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza and The Pavilion, and skiing at the snowy resort of Montage Mountain.
Or take to the road for sightseeing instead: Route 6 has been acclaimed as one of the most scenic drives in the country, passing the Susquehanna River and the Endless Mountains on its run past Tunkhannock to Sullivan County.
- Does Cozy Creek Family Campground have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Cozy Creek Family Campground dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Cozy Creek Family Campground? Within five to ten minutes' drive are two golf resorts, Shadowbrook and StoneHedge; antique and gift shops, and the films, family vibe and workshops of the independent Dietrich Theatre, which also runs … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Cozy Creek Family Campground?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: noon