This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Tranquil woodland park on the banks of the Exeter River
- Waterpark within half an hour's drive
- Outdoor pool, canoe/kayak and bike rental, fishing and heaps more
Are you more at home in water than on dry land? At Exeter Elms Family Campground, a kid-friendly forest park with a mile of river frontage two miles from Exeter in New Hampshire, you’ll be living your best life in no time.
Exeter Elms is a 20-minute drive from Hampton Beach on the Atlantic coast, where you can take a dip or go on a whale watching trip, and is 30 minutes from Water Country water park. If you’d prefer to stay closer to camp, you can access the Exeter River directly from the property for fishing – the river is also a good spot for kayaking and canoeing, and you can hire either from the site.
There’s plenty to do on site if you’re looking for a break from splashing around: have a go on the volleyball, basketball and bocce courts, play a game of football, fish from the river banks or cool off in the pool.
Once you’ve worked up an appetite, head to the restaurant, grab something from the takeaway or convenience store, or fire up the barbecue and eat at one of the picnic tables dotted around the site.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
If you’re still craving some time in the water, head to Hampton Beach State Park, 25 minutes’ drive away, for sea swimming and bathhouses or, if you prefer to keep your feet on dry land, the park is a top spot for hiking and biking. You can also explore the gardens and trails at Prescott Park or go walking and wildlife spotting at Sagamore Creek, both within 30 minutes of the site.
While up in Portsmouth for Prescott Park and Sagamore Creek, there are plenty of museums to visit and walking tours to join – a trip to the USS Albacore maritime museum aboard a decommissioned submarine is a must.
Fans of a tipple should make their way around the breweries, vineyards and distilleries within 20 minutes of Exeter Elms. Not much of a drinker? Get your buzz elsewhere: nab a prime spot at the New England Dragway, 15 minutes away, and let the smell of burning rubber fill your nose.
- Does Exeter Elms Family Campground have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Exeter Elms Family Campground dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Exeter Elms Family Campground? If you’re still craving some time in the water, head to Hampton Beach State Park, 25 minutes’ drive away, for sea swimming and bathhouses or, if you prefer to keep your feet … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Exeter Elms Family Campground?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: noon