This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful site in the woods next to the small village of Peñascosa
- Good starting point for lots of rural hikes and mountain bike trails
- Outdoor swimming pool, kids' pool and football field on site
Camping Sierra Peñascosa is a peaceful site in the woods on the edge of the village of Peñascosa. The village is a good starting point for lots of hiking and mountain bike routes in the surrounding hills; guests can pick up trail maps at reception or join group tours to points of interest such as lakes, waterfalls and rural villages.
Facilities on site include an outdoor swimming pool, kids' pool, pétanque court, playground, football field and a badminton court. There's also a communal lounge with games, TV and a fireplace for chillier days.
Free wifi is available across the site.
You can cook and eat in the barbecue/picnic area, and in high season there's also a bar/restaurant on site. A few minutes' walk away in the village you've got two bars, two bakeries and a supermarket. Alcaraz, seven kilometres away, has a handful of restaurants and you'll also find more places to eat dotted around in the local villages.
Among the other amenities at Camping Sierra Peñascosa are a washing-up area, a launderette with washing machine and tumble dryer, and a modern toilet block with free hot showers.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Attractions and activities nearby include:
– Royal Monastery and Sanctuary of Cortes: 5km
– Renaissance buildings in Alcaraz: 7km
– Arquillo Lagoon: 10km
– Estrecho del Hocino nature reserve: 12km
– Estrella Castle: 25km
– Yeste Castle: 30km
– Rafting, kayaking, ziplining and other adventure activities from Puerta de Segura: 35km
– Villanueva de Los Infantes (town with lots of well-preserved 16th- and 17th-century buildings): 40km.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Sierra Peñascosa have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Sierra Peñascosa dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Sierra Peñascosa? Attractions and activities nearby include: – Royal Monastery and Sanctuary of Cortes: 5km – Renaissance buildings in Alcaraz: 7km – Arquillo Lagoon: 10km – Estrecho del Hocino nature reserve: 12km – Estrella … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Sierra Peñascosa?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – 10:30 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 12:30 p.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: noon