This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Rural, woodland and peaceful site in the Drôme
- Pool, solarium, play area and shop
- Inn restaurant with outdoor terrace and bar
Properly old but reassuringly modern… that's the pleasing state of affairs at Camping Le Grand Bois in the Drôme department of the Rhône-Alpes.
The site has been welcoming guests since 1780 when it first opened the doors of its inn to travellers and passers-by, and has since evolved into a modern campsite welcoming guests for hols in a grand old wooded area. This is a peaceful place, to use as a base for a short break, a quick stopover or a lengthy stay surrounded by nature and away from traffic jams and jam-packed tourist resorts.
Among the facilities are a pool surrounded by a meadow, a solarium with deckchairs, a play area and a food shop; there's also an inn restaurant serving tasty food on the outdoor terrace and in the bar.
When it's time to wander relaxedly off site, the friendly team in reception can sort you out with tips and info about the local area and its attractions.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed low season only
Jumbo tent pitches
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Le Grand Bois is between Bourdeaux and Dieulefit close to the shops, cafés and weekly markets of several rural villages.
The Drôme is a popular area for pedalling and promenading: many trails are near the campsite including the 1,600 km international Huguenot trail and the GR965.
Hikers and strollers should also get along to the nearby Saoû Forest, a famed geological nature reserve with a large bird sanctuary and many species to see including boars, deer, martens, weasels, foxes and badgers.
The area is also known for its châteaux, vineyards and museums: ask the Grand Bois team for its top picks.
- Does Camping Le Grand Bois have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Le Grand Bois dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Le Grand Bois? Le Grand Bois is between Bourdeaux and Dieulefit close to the shops, cafés and weekly markets of several rural villages. The Drôme is a popular area for pedalling and promenading: many trails … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Le Grand Bois?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.