This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- In the Loire Valley between Tours and Saumur
- Half a kilometre from the Loire river
- Pool, paddling pool, playground and grocery shop
The Loire and its châteaux… what an utterly excellent combo for a French vacance. Camping Loire et Châteaux is in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Loire Valley, half a kilometre from canoe trips and waterside walks on the spectacular Loire river.
Its setting near Bréhémont between Tours and Saumur also has it on the Loire à Vélo cycle route, the 800-kilometre trail through the Centre and Pays de la Loire, running for two thirds of its length along the river. (If this feels a tad too energy-inducing, gentler cycle paths are in the area for more relaxed cycling; bike hire is a short walk away.)
Camping Loire et Châteaux is a peaceful and spacious site, welcoming families, groups and travellers getting around by motorbike. Its plentiful facilities include a pool and paddling pool, a playground, a pétanque court, a bar, a grocery shop and a snack bar with takeaway.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
You don't have to travel far to find two famed French activities in this region: the bike rides of the Loire à Vélo and the canoe, kayaking and boat trips of the Loire river are within strolling distance.
Bike to Chinon forest eight kilometres away or drive there and hire a bike in Chinon town to explore the woodland, including tree climbing in the Saint Benoit Aventure park.
Around Chinon are wine cellars and vineyards stretching out into the countryside, to visit by yourself or on a guided tour: take a look at Plouzeau, Chai Pierre et Bertrand Couly, Couly-Dutheil, Monplaisir, Château de la Grille and the Domaine de Noiré.
Châteaux? Sorted. First up is Château de Langeais (six kilometres), founded in the 10th century and rebuilt most ornately by Louis 16; then gorgeous Château d'Ussé (also six kilometres) on the edge of Chinon forest overlooking the Indre Valley… then 16th-century Château d'Azay-le-Rideau (10 kilometres), splendidly set on an island in the middle of the Indre river.
Also an excellent option is the Château de Villandry (15 kilometres), the Villandry country house known for its stunning gardens.
- Does Camping Loire et Châteaux have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Loire et Châteaux dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Loire et Châteaux? You don't have to travel far to find two famed French activities in this region: the bike rides of the Loire à Vélo and the canoe, kayaking and boat trips of the … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Loire et Châteaux?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: noon