This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- On a tidal inlet 10km from Fraser Island
- Two kilometres from the coastal town of Rainbow Beach
- Camp kitchen with pizza oven, barbecues, library and TV room
Up for a colourful array of options in spectacular Queensland? Have a sunny time at Rainbow Waters Holiday Park, north of the Sunshine Coast in the Wide Bay-Burnett region of Queensland. The park's just outside the Great Sandy National Park, two kilometres from the popular coastal town of Rainbow Beach.
With direct access to a tidal inlet of the Great Sandy Strait, the site is well placed for fishing, crabbing and watersports like kayaking and paddleboarding. Horse riding, surfing and scuba diving are at the nearby town of Rainbow Beach; there's a national park just south of the site, and two state forests as well as Fraser Island are within easy reach for day trips.
Back on site of an evening, sort your supper via one of the communal barbies, on an open campfire or at the camp kitchen with pizza oven. Also to kick back at are a TV room, a games room and a library, while the kids get rid of the last of their day's energy at the playground.
Rainbow Waters also has a kiosk selling ice, bait and firewood; washrooms with toilets and showers, and a launderette.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Large (51-200 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Surf school nearby
You won't have far to go for watery antics: fishing, crabbing, sailing, kayaking and paddleboarding are all available on site. Close by there's scuba diving at Wolf Rock, two kilometres away, and the sands and colourful cliffs of Rainbow Beach within the same distance.
Horse riding is also available within a couple of kilometres, and hiking trails in the Great Sandy National Park five kilometres away. There's also birdwatching and dolphin spotting on the Environmental Walkway at Tin Can Bay (15 kilometres), and more forest hikes in the vast Toolara State Forest and Tuan State Forest (20 and 35 kilometres).
A must in these parts is the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Fraser Island 10 kilometres away, the biggest sand island in the world. There are 120 kilometres of beach here; over 100 freshwater lakes including the biggest perched lake in the world, Lake Boomanjin, and wildlife galore including dingoes, bandicoots, possums, sea eagles, falcons and humpback whales.
Also have a nosy around the historic gold mining town of Gympie, 50 kilometres away.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Rainbow Waters Holiday Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Rainbow Waters Holiday Park dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Rainbow Waters Holiday Park? You won't have far to go for watery antics: fishing, crabbing, sailing, kayaking and paddleboarding are all available on site. Close by there's scuba diving at Wolf Rock, two kilometres away, and … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Rainbow Waters Holiday Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime