This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Budget and family-friendly stays for the Edinburgh festivals
- Stay alongside festival performers and visitors
- Showers, toilets, bar and catering area, 24/7 security
As you might have heard, Edinburgh is quite the place for festivals. And as you also might have heard, it can be mighty tricky to get accommodation in Edinburgh during the time of the Fringe and the other August fests… and hotel prices are no laughing matter either…
So give a big hand to Edinburgh Festival Camping, set up so peeps can consider the August festival season in the city or use as a base for touring Scotland and know they've got a bed/remaining bank balance to boot. It's a friendly site designed to be accessible and affordable for all guests, and lays on accommodation for performers as well as visitors – might you have the Next Big Thing pitching up next to you…?
The site has a bar and catering area as well as a café serving breakfast in the morning and hot snacks throughout the day. A small shop is on site and a supermarket is 15 minutes' walk away. Amenities include showers and toilets; staff are on site on a 24-hour basis for security and support.
And the final fringe benefit of this nifty site? It has easy access from the airport, as well as to buses and trams a short walk away to take you straight into the city day and night: the bus has regular services and the tram line into town takes about half an hour from the Edinburgh Airport stop or from Ingliston Park and Ride. Leaflets with loads of info about all this are on site and the team offer advice and timetables on information boards and when you check in.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Festival atmosphere extended to site since it had its own venues
Good clean safe campsite very good
There is room for improvement, esp providing more elec plugs for vans
A great venue for access to the Edinburgh fringe. Good atmosphere!
Good site well located for the Fringe, with very helpful staff.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Leave the car at home
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Public transport nearby
Very large (over 200 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
Edinburgh Airport: Terminal Coach Stop
— 0.8 miles
0.8 miles Winchburgh: Main Street Bus Stop — 3.3 miles
3.3 miles Barnton (Edinburgh): Barnton Hotel Coach Stop — 3.3 miles
- Train stations
Edinburgh Park Rail Station
— 3.0 miles
3.0 miles Dalmeny Rail Station — 3.2 miles
3.2 miles South Gyle Rail Station — 3.2 miles
- Ferry ports
South Queensferry Ferry Landing
— 3.6 miles
3.6 miles Rosyth Ferry Terminal — 6.1 miles
6.1 miles Inchcolm Island Ferry Landing — 6.9 miles
— 0.8 miles
To the Fringe! And to the Edinburgh International Festival, Edinburgh Fringe, Royal Military Tattoo, Edinburgh Mela, Edinburgh Arts Festival and the Edinburgh International Book Festival, all running during Edinburgh's festival season in August and ending with a sizzling fireworks concert display.
If you're planning a day or two not festivalling. Edinburgh has piles of fab sights to see, like Edinburgh Castle, the National Museum of Scotland in Old Town, the National Gallery of Scotland and the National Storytelling Centre of Scotland, along with Edinburgh Zoo on Corstorphine Hill with corking city views and sandy Silverknowles beach a short drive away.
- Edinburgh Zoo (4.3 miles)
- Royal Scottish Academy (6.8 miles)
- Royal Botanic Garden (6.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Edinburgh Festival Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Edinburgh Festival Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Edinburgh Festival Camping? To the Fringe! And to the Edinburgh International Festival, Edinburgh Fringe, Royal Military Tattoo, Edinburgh Mela, Edinburgh Arts Festival and the Edinburgh International Book Festival, all running during Edinburgh's festival season in … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Edinburgh Festival Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.