This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Based on an organic farm with direct access to the River Shannon
- Three kilometres from the tourist town of Carrick-on-Shannon
- Modern amenities including two washrooms and free hot showers
Comfy Camping opened in July 2015 in a scenic riverside location, three kilometres from the busy tourist town of Carrick-on-Shannon.
The site is based on an organic farm and has direct access to the River Shannon and the adjacent mudflat fishing stands, where there's a decked riverside walk to stroll.
Among the facilities are a large campers' kitchen area with seating inside and outside, barbecue facilities and spectacular views of the River Shannon. There's also a playground for younger kids and a recreational room for older ones.
As the site is set by the river and in the Roscommon countryside, plenty of land- and water-based activities are easily accessed for all ages available for a fee payable on site: guests can hire boats and paddleboards, have paddleboard lessons, go Chinese dragon boating, or hire bikes.
Amenities include a washing-up area, two washrooms and free hot showers. There's no launderette on site, but a drying room is available for guests to use after a day out and about on the river.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Carrick-on-Shannon is a tourist-friendly destination with many restaurants and bars for dining and nights out.
Within minutes of the site is the Kids' Kingdom centre, with an indoor play area, bowling and cinema.
Lough Key Forest Park is another good choice, a ten-minute drive away, while the Arigna Mining Experience and Strokestown House are both 20 minutes away.
- Does Carrick Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Carrick Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Carrick Camping? Carrick-on-Shannon is a tourist-friendly destination with many restaurants and bars for dining and nights out. Within minutes of the site is the Kids' Kingdom centre, with an indoor play area, bowling and … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Carrick Camping?
For on-site accommodation, arrivals are from 4pm to 9pm in high season (July and August) and from 4pm to 6pm in low season. Departures by noon. For pitches, arrivals are from 1pm to 9pm in high season (July and August) and from 1pm to 6pm in low season. Departures by noon.Read more