This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small back to basics site 3km outside the town of Ballyhaunis
- A 10-minute drive to Knock Shrine
- Views out over open Mayo countryside
Knock knock... Book a break at Marnic House Caravan Park to be only a 10-minute drive from famed Knock Shrine, on a small, peaceful and back to nature site in Co Mayo and Ireland's west.
Run by friendly and helpful Mary and Rob who took over in 2017, Marnic House is three kilometres outside the town of Ballyhaunis, right in the middle of Connaught, and surrounded by green fields, dark lakes, wild bogs and winding country lanes. Westport on the Wild Atlantic Way (spectacularly) scenic coastal route is about 50 minutes' drive away.
The site is flat and grassy with views over open countryside, and guests can pick their own pitches. But wherever you bag your berth, be sure to amble over to the main house the next morning for a full Irish breakfast to set you fully up for the sightseeing day ahead...
Shops, pubs, supermarkets and a few restaurants are within 10 minutes' drive at Ballyhaunis.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
The owners were always available Rob made us a cup …
just as your eg
Very clean and very welcoming
Level pitches. Clean and tidy. Friendly owner.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Tourer storage facilities
Moy salmon fishing, Knock Shrine, Achill Island, hiking, surfing and diving... Mayo has the whole heap.
A scenic car journey will take you to Westport on the Wild Atlantic Way (50 minutes), the world's longest defined coastal touring route and crammed with soaring cliffs, hidden beaches, spectacular bays and vibrant coastal towns and cities; it runs all the way up to Donegal should you be so inclined.
You'll need at least a few hours around colourful Westport before setting out, for the shops and cafés, River Carrowbeg strolls, and the award-wining Pirate Adventure Park in Westport House if you're on hol with your small savages. Or leave the car in town and set off from Westport on the Great Western Greenway walking and cycling trail, running from Westport for 43 kilometres among stunning coastal scenery to Achill Island.
A little further afield are Sligo, just over an hour from Marnic House, and Galway, an hour and 15 minutes away.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Marnic House Caravan Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Marnic House Caravan Park dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Marnic House Caravan Park? Moy salmon fishing, Knock Shrine, Achill Island, hiking, surfing and diving... Mayo has the whole heap. A scenic car journey will take you to Westport on the Wild Atlantic Way (50 minutes), … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Marnic House Caravan Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: noon