This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
Located on the shores of Assaroe Lake in Ballyshannon, County Donegal, Lakeside Caravan and Camping Park is an ideal choice for families who want an activity-filled holiday. Open March to October, this well-serviced and fully supervised modern site has an attractive, environmentally friendly play park on site and a number of scenic walks nearby.
The site offers 24-hour security as well as public telephones, 10amp electricity points and barbecue facilities. Lakeside also has a modern toilet/shower block, disable toilet and shower, washing machine, dryer, iron and ironing board, and washing up facilities available to guests. T For the children, there is a TV and game room, Wi-Fi as well as a play park.
There is a fully equipped restaurant and dance area with panoramic views of Lake Assaroe which can be pre-booked for parties, meetings and conferences. Group rates are available
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
The Campsite is a short walk to Ballyshannon Town, a traditional Irish town with pubs, banks, restaurants and shops, the majority of which are owned by independent retailers.
Visitors at Lakeside can enjoy a range of activities throughout the year, such as sailing, canoeing, kayaking and windsurfing. They can also hire rafts and pedalos for a fun day out for the whole family. Local football and rugby matches are played at Lakeside. On select summer evenings, Lakeside runs canoe sessions for family and friends.
Other activities such as surfing and horse riding can be found within a 20-minute drive from the site. Additionally, Lakeside is situated close to some great beaches and cliff walks.
- Does Lakeside Caravan and Camping Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Lakeside Caravan and Camping Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Lakeside Caravan and Camping Park? The Campsite is a short walk to Ballyshannon Town, a traditional Irish town with pubs, banks, restaurants and shops, the majority of which are owned by independent retailers. Visitors at Lakeside can … Read more