This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Glamping in bell tents on the edge of the South Downs National Park
- A 15-minute drive from Arundel and south coast beaches
- Well-equipped tents with bedding, towels, firepit and fridge
Wandering in West Sussex? Take a break at Washington Glamping Site, in a handy spot close to the A24 and A283 and around 15 minutes’ drive from Pulborough.
This is a particularly fine location for walkers, as it’s on the edge of the scenic South Downs National Park and about 10 minutes’ drive from the South Downs Way. If you’re not quite up for the path’s full 100-mile hike, it’s handy to know that you can also walk to the local village, Washington, in around five minutes for a pub trip or to hail the local bus for more extensive exploring.
Wherever you’ve roamed to by day, a comfy night awaits back at base: stays here are in spacious bell tents each kitted out with a double bed, two single beds, a fridge, a gas barbecue and a kettle with tea and coffee supplies for that all-important hot drink when you rise in the morning (and you can order breakfast baskets too if you want to fill up well before a day out).
Much of what you need is thrown in here: the tents have electrical connections, plus bedding and towels provided (particularly handy for those travelling light…) A firepit is also on hand for keeping you warm on alfresco evenings, with wood available to buy on site (although you’re welcome to bring your own if you prefer). Toilets and showers are close to the tents, with thoughtful touches like hairdryers installed.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
24+ hour ventilation between accommodation guests
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: one group at a time
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Distance markers in shared facilities
Hand sanitising stations
Individual rooms in toilet/shower/basin facilities
More frequent emptying of bins
One-way flow for entering/leaving buildings
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
Broadwater (Worthing): Coach Stop
— 5.8 miles
5.8 miles Goring-by-Sea Coach Stop — 6.6 miles
6.6 miles West Worthing: Goring Rd Coach Stop — 6.7 miles
- Train stations
Pulborough Rail Station
— 5.9 miles
5.9 miles Amberley Rail Station — 6.0 miles
6.0 miles West Worthing Rail Station — 6.3 miles
- Ferry ports
Bosham Hoe Ferry Landing
— 21.2 miles
21.2 miles West Itchenor Ferry Landing — 21.4 miles
21.4 miles Newhaven Harbour Ferry Terminal — 21.8 miles
Shoreham Brighton City Airport
— 7.3 miles
7.3 miles London Gatwick Airport North Terminal — 20.0 miles
20.0 miles London Gatwick Airport South Terminal — 20.1 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Parham House & Gardens: 10 minutes’ drive
- Amberley Museum: 10 minutes
- Bramber Castle: 10 minutes
- West Sussex Golf Club: 10 minutes
- Arundel Castle: 15 minutes
- Worthing (seaside town): 15 minutes
- Goodwood House and racecourse: half an hour
- Brighton: half an hour
- Bluebell Railway: 40 minutes.
- Parham House & Gardens (3.9 miles)
- Arundel Castle and Gardens (7.4 miles)
- Fishers Adventure Farm Park (9.2 miles)
- Petworth House and Park (10.4 miles)
- Nymans (13.2 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Washington Glamping Site cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 day of arrival date.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, customers can amend their dates with the campsite/holiday park free of charge for all stays up to, and including, June 1, 2021.
Bookings cannot be amended within 30 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Washington Glamping Site will debit the balance from your card 10 days before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 10 days then the balance will be taken immediately.
Hired accommodation: £50.00 (€57.44) damage/cleanliness/bracelet deposit is required on arrival and will be refunded on departure after inspection of your unit should no damage/losses be found.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Can bookings for Washington Glamping Site be amended free of charge? Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, customers can amend their dates with the campsite/holiday park free of charge for all stays up to, and including, June 1, 2021. Read more
- Does Washington Glamping Site have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Washington Glamping Site dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Washington Glamping Site? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Parham House & Gardens: 10 minutes’ drive - Amberley Museum: 10 minutes - Bramber Castle: 10 minutes - West Sussex Golf Club: 10 minutes - Arundel … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Washington Glamping Site?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.