This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly rural glamping 10 minutes' drive from Hythe
- Half an hour's walk from beaches on Kent's south coast
- Folkestone and Dover ferries within a half-hour drive
Stacks of space, beaches down the road, and a comfy place to sleep ready and waiting for your arrival… The setup at Daleacres Experience Freedom Glamping is likely to be sweet, sweet music to the ears of cooped up city types seeking a break in the Kent countryside.
The surrounds here are a mix of country and coast: miles of footpaths work their way around the local farmland and down to the Kent coast, about half an hour away on foot. If you can’t wait that long, get in the car and head over to Hythe, 10 minutes away, where there’s a lovely long sandy beach (along with handy amenities including shops and restaurants… what’s a seaside break without fish and chips?)
Folk travelling with tiddlers will be chuffed to see that the area’s packed with plenty to keep them amused too – days out at Port Lympne Wildlife Park and the Romney Hythe & Dymchurch Light Railway are both within a 20-minute drive, as are a whole load of other activities. Can’t contain your travels to just the one country? Ferries to France from Folkestone and Dover are within a half-hour drive.
Satisfied with sticking around on site for a while? A wise move: each of the yurts has a brick-built barbecue for an evening spent cooking alfresco, and there’s a playground to entertain the kids while you stoke the coals. Inside the cosy yurt is solid wooden furniture and enough bedding for up to four people; a launderette, washing-up area and toilet block are all a short stroll away.
Open from 04/01/2021 to 09/30/2021
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Beautiful site, clean facilities, well equipped yurts
Excellent site lovely staff , perfect location. Facilities great
Enjoyable mini break with good facilities and insightful extras.
We absolutely loved our two night stay at Daleacres, it's …
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
- Coach stations
Newingreen (Kent): Ashford Rd Coach Stop
— 2.2 miles
2.2 miles Sellindge (Kent): Ashford Rd Coach Stop — 3.1 miles
3.1 miles Hythe (Kent) Coach Stop — 3.1 miles
- Train stations
Westenhanger Rail Station
— 2.8 miles
2.8 miles Sandling Rail Station — 3.3 miles
3.3 miles Folkestone West Rail Station — 6.5 miles
- Ferry ports
Folkestone Eurotunnel Terminal
— 5.4 miles
5.4 miles Dover Western Docks Ferry Terminal — 13.8 miles
13.8 miles Dover Eastern Docks Ferry Terminal — 14.5 miles
Lydd London Ashford Airport
— 7.9 miles
7.9 miles Kent International Airport — 25.0 miles
Itching to get out and stretch your legs? There are walking trails aplenty around here – site staff give particular thumbs up to the trek up Tolsford Hill and the circular 10-mile route from Burmarsh (which also happens to swing past a pub – huzzah). Also within a half-hour drive for active types are go-karting, paintballing and days of paddling boats on the Royal Military Canal.
Walks with a bit more of an exotic twist are at Port Lympne Wildlife Park (10 minutes’ drive), home to big cats, small cats, primates and even a herd of dinosaurs (no, they’re not real, but you can bring them almost to life with a virtual reality app). Too much walking? Take a ride on the Romney Hythe & Dymchurch Light Railway (20 minutes).
And of course you can’t come to Kent without hitting one of the beaches – Hythe beach (10 minutes) is the nearest, but it’s also worth making the outing to the UK’s only designated desert at Dungeness (half an hour) and the huge soft dunes of Camber Sands (35 minutes).
- Port Lympne Wild Animal Park (1.5 miles)
- Romney Hythe & Dymchurch Railway (2.8 miles)
- Ashford Designer Outlet (8.9 miles)
- Smallhythe Place (13.7 miles)
- Lamb House (14.3 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Can bookings for Daleacres Experience Freedom Glamping be amended free of charge? Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, customers can amend their dates with the campsite/holiday park free of charge for all stays up to, and including, 12/31/2020. Read more
- Does Daleacres Experience Freedom Glamping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Daleacres Experience Freedom Glamping dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Daleacres Experience Freedom Glamping? Itching to get out and stretch your legs? There are walking trails aplenty around here – site staff give particular thumbs up to the trek up Tolsford Hill and the circular 10-mile … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Daleacres Experience Freedom Glamping?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.