This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
Red Squirrel Glamping is a glamping site on the Isle of Wight hosting guests in safari tents with beautiful views.
The site is based on a working farm with chickens, which produce our own lovely fresh eggs each day. The farm has its own beach where you can relax in peace or search for fossils. Nearby there are some great pubs and numerous attractions if you can tear yourself away from the view.
The safari tents come equipped with everything you need to camp in style including solar power, a woodburning stove, hot and cold running water, ensuite bathroom with shower and flushing loo. A firepit and gas barbecue are also included.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Public transport nearby
Gas cylinders available
Amenities on site
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Commercial vehicles allowed
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
- Coach stations
Lymington (Hants): Stanford Hill Coach Stop
— 5.6 miles
5.6 miles Everton (Hants): Bus Shelter — 6.8 miles
6.8 miles Milford on Sea Coach Stop — 6.8 miles
- Train stations
Lymington Pier Rail Station
— 4.9 miles
4.9 miles Lymington Town Rail Station — 5.3 miles
5.3 miles Sway Rail Station — 8.9 miles
- Ferry ports
Yarmouth IOW Ferry Terminal
— 3.0 miles
3.0 miles Lymington Pier Ferry Terminal — 4.9 miles
4.9 miles West Cowes Ferry Terminal — 6.8 miles
— 16.3 miles
16.3 miles Bournemouth International Airport — 17.8 miles
From Lymington ferry take the A3054 to Newport. Approximately 3 miles in, just past the Horse and Groom pub turn left into Hamstead Drive. Follow this unadopted lane for 1.5 miles.
For ferry's from East Cowes or Fishbourne, take the A3054 to Newport then Freshwater. Once you have passed through the traffic lights at Shalfleet, the turning for Hamstead Drive is approximately 1 mile on the right-hand side. Follow this unadopted lane for 1.5 miles.
If you wish to leave your car at home we will gladly collect you from one of the ferry terminals. Just let us know via the 'special requests' box on the booking form. Alternatively you can hire bikes at both East Cowes and Yarmouth.
Explore Robin Hill, The Needles, Black Gang Chine, Osbourne House, and Carisbroke Castle.
Cycle hire is available in Yarmouth and Cowes.
Numerous beaches, festivals and other tourist attractions are all also nearby.
- Fort Victoria Country Park (3.8 miles)
- Isle of Wight Pearl (5.6 miles)
- Carisbrooke Castle (5.8 miles)
- Newtown Old Town Hall (1.4 miles)
- Mottistone Manor Garden (4.9 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Red Squirrel Glamping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Red Squirrel Glamping dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Red Squirrel Glamping? Explore Robin Hill, The Needles, Black Gang Chine, Osbourne House, and Carisbroke Castle. Cycle hire is available in Yarmouth and Cowes. Numerous beaches, festivals and other tourist attractions are all also nearby. Read more
When can I check in and check out of Red Squirrel Glamping?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3:30 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.