This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Adults-only glamping pods in peaceful Hertfordshire woodland
- A 10-minute drive from Hertford; pub five minutes' walk away
- Well-equipped pods with kitchenette and ensuite bathroom
Serene and green, Sweetings Wood Glamping – a selection of smart pods surrounded by woodland and next to a field full of grazing horses – is a splendid choice for a peaceful adults-only stay in the Hertfordshire countryside.
Everywhere you look here there’s a proper rural view, but that doesn’t mean it’s isolated – in fact, the park is in the little village of Brickendon just a 10 minutes’ drive from the centre of Hertford. This former point is crucial, of course, as it means you’ll be a mere five minutes’ amble from the local pub for drinks and dinner.
The pub’s meals are highly recommended by the folk at the park, but it’s also possible you’d like to max out your woodland time by sticking around on site for eats on your deck. That’s a fine option too, and one that can be achieved by bringing along bits for the barbie or to cook up in the pod’s kitchenette (which is compact but big on facilities, packing in a fridge, microwave, electric hob and sink).
Other mod cons in these smart factory-built eco lodges include a kingsize bed, electric sockets and an ensuite bathroom that’s got a mains-connected toilet and a shower with hot water on demand. As the focus is on making life as chilled as possible, fresh linen and towels are provided too.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 6.0 miles
6.0 miles Gracemead House — 6.1 miles
6.1 miles Bus Station — 7.8 miles
- Train stations
Bayford Rail Station
— 0.5 miles
0.5 miles Hertford North Rail Station — 2.9 miles
2.9 miles Hertford East Rail Station — 2.9 miles
- Ferry ports
Camden Lock Waterbus
— 15.2 miles
15.2 miles London Zoo Waterbus Stop — 15.7 miles
15.7 miles Little Venice Waterbus Stop — 16.8 miles
London Luton Airport
— 15.1 miles
15.1 miles London Stansted Airport — 17.4 miles
17.4 miles London City Airport — 18.4 miles
Raring to amp up the pace after all the peaceful pottering about on site? Organise paintballing sessions at Zapcombat (20 minutes’ walk), spy the animals at Paradise Wildlife Park (five minutes’ drive) and head to Hertford for the castle and walking trail (10 minutes).
If getting aboard a boat sounds like a top way to while away your time, hire a vessel and sail along the River Lea (10 minutes) or make a splash by wandering to Ware for a swim in the open-air Priory Lido (15 minutes).
Golfers can get out on the green at the Hertfordshire Golf Club (which also has a spa if you’d rather have a massage than improve your handicap), while acrobatic types might prefer swinging through the trees at the Go Ape adventure park (half an hour).
Contemplating explores that are a bit more cultural? Amble around Capel Manor Gardens, paying particular attention to the landscaped areas created in homage to Princess Diana and Van Gogh (20 minutes), or eye up the stately abode and manicured green spaces at Hatfield House (20 minutes).
- Hatfield House (5.3 miles)
- Lee Valley Regional Park (6.2 miles)
- Willows Farm Village (9.3 miles)
- Shaw's Corner (9.5 miles)
- 2 Willow Road (14.3 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Sweetings Wood Glamping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Sweetings Wood Glamping dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Sweetings Wood Glamping? Raring to amp up the pace after all the peaceful pottering about on site? Organise paintballing sessions at Zapcombat (20 minutes’ walk), spy the animals at Paradise Wildlife Park (five minutes’ drive) … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Sweetings Wood Glamping?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10:30 a.m.