This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- On a 500-acre farm in mid-Bedfordshire
- Well placed for long country walks and exploring nearby woodland
- Luxury self-contained yurts with spectacular views
The Old Piggery is south of Bedford, just off the A6 near Haynes Church End, between the villages of Wilstead and Clophill. It's on West Park Farm along the Greensand Ridge, so guests are surrounded by countryside.
The site's aim is to provide welcoming and well-equipped accommodation for business visitors, couples, groups and families. The yurts were added in 2014 and have a backdrop of woodland as well as spectacular views across farmland and the surrounding countryside. Each are fully self-contained with their own ensuite, kitchenette, barbecue and firepit. Books, games and toys available for the kids and there are plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities all around the site: the arable fields host a variety of wildlife where you might come across deer, rabbits and birds.
Public footpaths and cycle routes are also nearby.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
Bedford Bus Station
— 5.3 miles
5.3 miles Great Barford: Bedford Road Coach Stop — 7.5 miles
7.5 miles Roxton (Beds): Bedford Road Coach Stop — 9.5 miles
- Train stations
Kempston Hardwick Rail Station
— 3.4 miles
3.4 miles Stewartby Rail Station — 3.5 miles
3.5 miles Millbrook (Beds) Rail Station — 4.0 miles
- Ferry ports
— 40.4 miles
London Luton Airport
— 12.9 miles
12.9 miles Cambridge Airport — 28.0 miles
Nearby, guests can get to Wrest Park English Heritage site, Woburn Safari Park, Box End Park and Jordans Mill.
Visitors can also check out Herring's Green Farm in Wilstead for birds of prey experiences; the Shuttleworth Collection at Old Warden Aerodrome, and Bletchley Park
Golf courses, cross country cycling, walking footpaths, pubs, bars, restaurants, day spas and villages are all in the area.
The site has good access to the M1, A1 and various bus and rail networks. Milton Keynes and London Luton Airport are also easily reached.
- Wrest Park (4.0 miles)
- The Shuttleworth Collection (5.3 miles)
- Woburn Safari Park (7.5 miles)
- Dunstable Downs, Chilterns Gateway Centre and Whipsnade Estate (14.3 miles)
- Whipsnade Tree Cathedral (15.2 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does The Old Piggery have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Old Piggery dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near The Old Piggery? Nearby, guests can get to Wrest Park English Heritage site, Woburn Safari Park, Box End Park and Jordans Mill. Visitors can also check out Herring's Green Farm in Wilstead for birds of … Read more
When can I check in and check out of The Old Piggery?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.