This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Lively 21-acre resort on Middle Bass Island in the middle of Lake Erie
- Private beach, with kayaking and paddleboarding available nearby
- Restaurant, microbrewery, swimming pool, hot tub and playground
Ever want to jack in the job, up sticks and move to an island? Try out the island life at St Hazard’s Waterfront Resort and Brewery, a 21-acre resort on Middle Bass Island on Lake Erie, 40 minutes from the Ohio mainland port of Catawba Island.
Middle Bass is a designated state park, so there are several hiking trails leaving from St Hazards that you can follow around its natural attractions. If you’re less of a landlubber and more of a fish-to-water, the resort has a private beach for swimming, and guests can take to the water by renting kayaks or paddleboards from the marina next door.
You won’t be starved for things to do back at the resort either – fish from the beach, challenge your travel buddies in the games room, take a cooling dip in the pool (or get revved up for the Saturday pool parties) or soak the stress away in the hot tub.
Once you’ve worked up an appetite, head on over to the bar-restaurant where you can grab a bite, then wash it down with a beer from the on-site microbrewery or one of more than a dozen rums from the tiki bar. If you’d prefer to sort yourself out, there’s a well-stocked mini market at St Hazards, so nab some supplies to grill up over the fire ring (there are plenty dotted around) and chow down at one of the picnic tables – or you could always venture out of the resort to try one of Middle Bass’s restaurants.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
great location, easy going staff, but please hire a bathroom cleaner
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Lake and/or mountain
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
The centre-point of Middle Bass Island used to be Lonz Winery, once the largest wine producers in the United States. Now the winery is closed, but the façade bearing its name still stands, beckoning visitors across Lake Erie to the state park. Although the winery – less than five minutes’ drive, or a 15-minute walk, from St Hazards Waterfront Resort and Brewery – is no longer producing, be sure to sign up for a (free) guided tour of its cellars.
The other islands close to Middle Bass are worth visiting, so climb aboard the public ferries to travel over and back, or brave the open seas (it’s really not that far and also it's a lake) in your own boat or kayak.
Stop on South Bass Island for the Chocolate Museum, the Butterfly House, Perry’s Cave, miniature golf, gemstone mining, and Put-in-Bay and Heineman wineries, then continue on to Kelley’s Island to explore the nature reserves and petroglyphs (rock art).
Permitted arrival/departure time
|RV, trailer and tent sites|
St Hazards Waterfront Resort and Brewery cancelation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancelations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted at the parkCash
Terms and conditionsPark booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does St Hazards Waterfront Resort and Brewery have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is St Hazards Waterfront Resort and Brewery dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near St Hazards Waterfront Resort and Brewery? The centre-point of Middle Bass Island used to be Lonz Winery, once the largest wine producers in the United States. Now the winery is closed, but the façade bearing its name still … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of St Hazards Waterfront Resort and Brewery?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime