This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Award-winning site by the stunning Orange River
- River views from all accommodation areas
- Activities, tour bookings, pool, braais, fishing, bar and restaurant
At least two days' stay is needed as a taster of all there is to see and do around award-winning and riverside Khamkirri, say its owners... once you arrive, you may care to add a couple of weeks.
River rafting, canoe paddling, birdwatching, nature spotting, hiking and mountain biking are among the myriad of options here – and then there's hot air ballooning, much fishing, the Augrabies Falls National Park and quite a bit of local wine and brandy to have a taster of too. Site activities are also on offer, and the knowledgeable team can book local tours and trips such as 4x4 routes and game drives.
Khamkirri is on the banks of the Orange River, the longest river in South Africa and a stunning spot for Northern Cape hols (check out the site pics). It's under 10 minutes from the town of Augrabies and 20 minutes from Kakamas; the Belazel Wine & Brandy Estate is within an hour.
Leisure facilities include a play area, a pool, and fishing as well as watersports available straight from the grounds. There's a bar and a restaurant for food and drink supplies, and wood sales, ice sales and braais for self catering.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
A fab range of activities on and around the Orange River can be sorted straight from the site, such as rafting for 10 kilometres on a half-day trip or cruising along on a gentle nature paddle suitable for ages three and up. Adrenaline seekers can also book a whitewater kayaking trip on site, to learn heady skills such as Eskimo rolling and advanced boat control over a few days or weekends.
Much more gently, the Orange River is famed for its fly and lure fishing – so much so that the Khamkirri team recommends at least four or five days for those setting out with angling kit. You can book a guided fly fishing trip under expert guidance, book a boat to be dropped off and picked up at the nearby upper drift, or – should you be a fortunate sort with your own plane – fly in for a fishing safari via the landing strip a couple of kilometres away.
Even more gently still, this is prime birdwatching land, with dozens of species to spot including ducks, geese, goshawks, lovebirds, fish eagles and eagle owls, egrets and herons.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Khamkirri have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Khamkirri dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Khamkirri? A fab range of activities on and around the Orange River can be sorted straight from the site, such as rafting for 10 kilometres on a half-day trip or cruising along on … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Khamkirri?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.