This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Luxury game lodge over 170 hectares of farmland
- Game drives and lion tours available directly from the lodge
- Two pools and a restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner
You should/must head out on safari at some point during a South African hol, but of course. And how jolly convenient when you can set out straight from a luxury lodge specialising in game drives among the lions, zebras, giraffes and other handsome creatures around this part of the Free State.
A full 170 hectares of farm are available to ride around at Tava Lingwe Game Lodge 20 minutes from Vredefort, with resident game of several species to spot on your safari trip – you'll most definitely need a camera along with you... Start off in early morning or late afternoon for the best sightings; whichever you opt for, have a breakfast before or a dinner after (or indeed a lunch in between) at the Tava Lingwe restaurant, open daily.
And in between your safari sightseeing and your South African cuisine sampling? Two fine big pools (see pics, please) are at your disposal for idle times around the grounds.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Outdoor pool nearby
Tava Lingwe Game Lodge is on the R59 between Viljoenskroon and Parys, 40 minutes' drive from Potchefstroom and just under two hours from Johannesburg.
Local town Vredefort is on the site of the Vredefort crater, in a setting that's now a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its geological interest. Now known as the Vredefort Dome, the 300-kilometre zone (the biggest known meteorite impact structure in the history of the earth) is a popular destination in South Africa for birdwatching and nature spotting, wild swimming, canoeing, hiking, fishing, mountain biking and hot air ballooning.
Vredefort is one of four towns in the region: Venterskroon is 45 minutes from the farm, Koppies is an hour away and the main tourist settlement of Parys is within 40 minutes.
- Does Tava Lingwe Game Lodge have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Tava Lingwe Game Lodge dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Tava Lingwe Game Lodge? Tava Lingwe Game Lodge is on the R59 between Viljoenskroon and Parys, 40 minutes' drive from Potchefstroom and just under two hours from Johannesburg. Local town Vredefort is on the site of … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Tava Lingwe Game Lodge?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 8 a.m. – Anytime Depart by: 4 p.m.