This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small, peaceful site 20 minutes' walk from Castanheira de Pêra
- A 45-minute drive from Coimbra and just over an hour from the coast
- Swimming pool, bar, barbecue area and breakfast service on site
Serene rural views all round, but within easy ambling distance of restaurants, cafés and shops… Quinta do Castanheiro certainly has things well set up on the location front. The outlook at this Leiria site is all forest and farmland, but it’s not as remote as its view may suggest, as the little town of Castanheira de Pêra is 20 minutes away on foot.
Look at the bigger picture and the location’s a winner here too: guests can easily head out to Coimbra (around 45 minutes’ drive) or hit the coast with a drive of an hour or so. Day trips to Lisbon and Porto are doable if you don’t mind a couple of hours in the car; if you’d rather stick around locally there’s plenty of scope to hike, ride bikes and seek out small villages for traditional meals.
Keeping things even closer to home is an option too, as you can simply settle at the site’s open-air pool for swims and sunbathing, perhaps sending the kids off to the playground if they need a bit more activity. Books and games can be borrowed at the bar (a good excuse to wander over for another cool drink…) and there’s wifi on the adjacent terrace.
A breakfast service kicks off the day by offering guests a good feed; later in the day, you can migrate to the barbecue area or stroll into town for a wide range of eats and drinks.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Camping pequeño, tranquilo, limpio y con personal amable
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Small (11-25 sites)
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Want to spread your swimming activities a tad further? Take your cossie down to Praia das Rocas waterpark (10 minutes’ walk) for waterslides and the country’s biggest wave pool, or head coastwards for beach days at Aveiro, Figueira da Foz or Praia de Mira, all of which are slightly over an hour’s drive away.
Coimbra (45 minutes’ drive) is a fine choice for a day of city wanders – on the schedule should be visits to the old university, the Romanesque cathedral and the 12th-century monastery, plus an insight into the country’s emotion-filled singing style at Fado ao Centro.
For info on what to fill your days with in the vicinity of the site, have a chat with the folk at reception, who keep a good pile of leaflets and maps to help you pick wisely. Among the things they might point you towards are the castle ruins in Penela (half an hour), the old monastery in Tomar (45 minutes), the Soprador do Carvalho caves (half an hour) or local walks taking in waterfalls and river swims.
- Does Quinta do Castanheiro have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Quinta do Castanheiro dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Quinta do Castanheiro? Want to spread your swimming activities a tad further? Take your cossie down to Praia das Rocas waterpark (10 minutes’ walk) for waterslides and the country’s biggest wave pool, or head coastwards … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Quinta do Castanheiro?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – 11 p.m. Depart by: noon On-park accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.