This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Secluded site in a coconut grove by the Indian Ocean
- Right on the sands of Morrungulo with safe waters for swimming
- Diving, fishing and whale watching from the site
You know those beaches you see in TV ads? Coconut palms swaying in the breeze... the sand so clean it squeaks... the sea a turquoise concoction that looks like the special effects team made it? Maybe they did for those telly ads, but there's one corner of the world where it's all for real and you can have it at Morrungolo Beach Lodge.
Sandwiched between groves of coconut palms and the Indian Ocean, this splendid Mozambique site is a true getaway: around half an hour's drive from a small town with shops, an hour and 20 minutes from the city of Inhambane and its airport, and eight and a half hours from the capital Maputo.
The tree-lined lawns and lush gardens of Morrungulo Beach Lodge are right on the sands of Morrungulo, considered to be one of the best beaches in Mozambique and with supremely safe waters for swimming. A saltwater pool is on site for more dips; fresh water is available for drinking, and even if the place reminds you of Robinson Crusoe's desert island, the washrooms are bright and clean with gas-heated showers.
Guests are welcome to light campfires, borrow a metal grate from the office to grill up a feast and store perishables in the communal freezer.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Outdoor pool nearby
If there's anything more stunning than what's in front of you at this place, then it's under the sea. The dive centre at nearby Bonito Bay half an hour's walk up the beach is a popular place to book snorkelling and scuba trips to explore sea caves close to the shoreline... and the Sylvia Shoal reef further out with its mantas and turtles, toadfish, dolphins and barracudas at depths of between 16 and 130 feet. If you prefer your feet on the sand, meanwhile, Murrungulo's a splendid spot for whale watching between June and November.
An hour away, the diverse terrain of the Pomene National Reserve gives walkers, birdwatchers and wildlife fans a huge variety of life and colour with its dune forests and mangrove swamps home to wild boars, vulture, grey monkeys, fish eagles and paradise flycatchers.
An unmissable trip an hour and 20 minutes away is to take a sailing dhow across the channel from Maxixe to the ancient port of Inhambane. A mix of Arab, Indian and Portuguese influences, Inhambane's avenues are lined with trees, colonial buildings and history: soak it all up in the Old Mosque, the museum and the market, then head to Tofo beach half an hour's drive from the city for fresh grilled lobsters and a spot of surfing.
Pomene is two hours' drive away.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Morrungulo Beach Lodge have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Morrungulo Beach Lodge dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Morrungulo Beach Lodge? If there's anything more stunning than what's in front of you at this place, then it's under the sea. The dive centre at nearby Bonito Bay half an hour's walk up the … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Morrungulo Beach Lodge?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – 6 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.