This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Beachside resort with bar and restaurant on the Barra peninsula
- Peninsula watersports, scuba diving and fishing all close by
- Sail by dhow or drive half an hour to the ancient port of Inhambane
Fancy a dhow trip to an ancient ivory trading port? How about scuba diving among the barracudas, or quad biking through the coconut groves? No, this isn't the plot of the next James Bond film, just a bite-size introduction to the stuff that goes on at Areia Branca Lodge...
This friendly and simple site is right on the white sandy beaches of Mozambique’s Barra peninsula, half an hour’s drive from the old port city of Inhambane. But with coconut palms all around you and the clear waters of the Indian Ocean a short stroll away, you might just want to laze on the sands and swim in the sea, every so often toddling over to the bar for cold beers or to the restaurant for fresh fish dishes and other local specialities... and not a soul would judge you for it either.
If you’re of a slightly more active disposition, you might dally with the idea of a boat trip and a spot of fishing, easily arranged by the helpful proprietors of Areia Branca Lodge. Should you return laden with mackerel and tuna and other oceanic booty, you can buy charcoal from the site and have yourself an almighty beach barbecue feast.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Surf school nearby
Pointing back towards the landmass of southern Mozambique, the Barra peninsula is a magnet for aquatic adventurers of all varieties. Surfing and kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding and jetskiing are all on the menu, along with boat hire and charters.
If you want to go under the water, there are a number of popular dives to depths between 10 and 35 metres, while guided expeditions to reefs with tempting names like Chamber of Secrets, Sherwood Forest and Giant’s Castle take underwater adventurers to swim among the seahorses, dolphins, frogfish and whale sharks who make their home along this part of coast.
For some larks on dry land, talk to the site team about quad bikes and the trail through the coconut plantations. Alternatively, make the half-hour trip into ancient Inhambane, a laidback city of tree-lined avenues and old colonial buildings, where you can mooch around the museum, the old mosque and the market in a few hours, then sail a dhow across the bay to Maxixe.
If that’s given you a taste for more maritime meanderings, take boat trips (traditional dhow or modern and motorised) to Pansy island and Ilha dos Porcos, visiting small fishing communities and diving the reefs, or to the Linga Linga peninsula, looking out for dugong and whales.
- Does Areia Branca Lodge have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Areia Branca Lodge dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Areia Branca Lodge? Pointing back towards the landmass of southern Mozambique, the Barra peninsula is a magnet for aquatic adventurers of all varieties. Surfing and kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding and jetskiing are all on the menu, … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Areia Branca Lodge?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.