This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Site in Balatonszemes village, a 15-minute walk from Lake Balaton
- A 15-minute drive to Napfény Strandfürdő beach and 30 to Siófok town
- Cycle hire and play area on site; fishing and watersports at the lake
Bag yourself a break near the banks of Lake Balaton with a stay at H und R Mobilcamping Balaton Süd, a 15-minute walk from the water’s edge in Hungary’s Western Transdanubia region.
This place, about an hour and a half’s drive from Budapest, also has top-notch public transport links if you’re thinking of touring the region’s vineyards, beaches and thermal baths without a car.
For dips in cold water, Lake Balaton is just the ticket and has plenty of space for a swim – it’s the biggest body of water in western Hungary at a whopping 79 kilometres long and an average of 7.8 kilometres wide. There’s a public swimming pool near the site too, so you’ll have ample choice when it comes to picking where to head for a morning submerge.
For those not wanting to spend a hol perfecting their front crawl, fishing is allowed at the lake and watersports options range from kitesurfing to paddleboarding. But if all that sounds too aqua-based for your landlubbing self? A harbour, shops and restaurants are close by in the village of Balatonszemes (five minutes’ drive) for slow days spent eating, wandering and browsing.
To pick up the pace, activities like horse riding, cycling and hiking are available in the lush local area too, and the popular lakeside town of Siófok is a 30-minute drive.
The site in Somogy county allows barbecues and pets are most welcome.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Skvělý kemp s čistým zařízením, přátelským personálem
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
Attractions and activities near this park revolve around the lovely Lake Balaton. Wander to the water’s edge (15 minutes’ walk) or drive to beaches like Napfény Strandfürdő (15 minutes in the car) to settle in on the sand for a few hours.
Enthusiastic about architecture? Venture to Kőröshegy Viaduct (15 minutes) for a glimpse of this towering structure and take a ride in the lifts inside its hollow pillars; the area around here is known for its vineyards too, so make sure to swing by a cellar door for a tasting.
Badacsony (about an hour’s drive) on the northern shores of the lake is also famed for its wine-growing heritage. You could totter over here to try more tipples, but if you’re more of a trekker than a drinker, hike through the area’s distinctive basalt mountains instead.
Serious about strolling? Go further north to the peaks of Bakony, the biggest part of the Transdanubian Mountains (an hour and 20 minutes); back a little closer to base is Siófok (30 minutes), a lakeside resort renowned for its beaches and nightlife.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does H und R Mobilcamping Balaton Süd have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is H und R Mobilcamping Balaton Süd dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near H und R Mobilcamping Balaton Süd? Attractions and activities near this park revolve around the lovely Lake Balaton. Wander to the water’s edge (15 minutes’ walk) or drive to beaches like Napfény Strandfürdő (15 minutes in the car) … Read more
When can I check in and check out of H und R Mobilcamping Balaton Süd?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 9 a.m. – Anytime Depart by: Anytime