This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful friendly site in a rural setting between a lake and river
- A five-minute drive from Montbert and 30 minutes south of Nantes
- Common room, herb/vegetable gardens, barbecues and farmyard animals
Waddle towards Camping Le Relais des Garennes for a hol spent with the free-roaming ducks and geese on site; this traditional Loire-Atlantique park is also in a rural area amid a municipal lake for fishing and the L’Ognon river for bumbling along the banks.
When the sun’s shining, find shade under the hazel, oak and cherry trees all around or spread out and soak up the rays beside blooming flowers. A herb garden’s to hand to add some flavour to your alfresco cooking and barbecues are also available if you haven’t packed a portable stove. Planning on bringing a pile of produce with you? Keep perishables in the shared fridge on site.
For extra provisions, Montbert is less than a five-minute drive and has a grocery shop to browse along with a swimming pool for adults and kids to get stuck into some splash time. If you reckon you’d rather be roaming after arrival at the site, you can also reach Montbert on foot in about five minutes (even less by bike) by following the path by the lake.
And if storm clouds gather? The park has a common room for drizzly days and guests can check out the tourist leaflets et al available here for info on rainy day activities. Friendly site owners and regional experts Odile and Philippe are also a font of knowledge if you want more top travel tips.
One place worth adding to your radar whether rain or shine is Nantes, 30 minutes’ drive north of the site, for a gander at a Gothic cathedral (with Renaissance tombs) and the city museum at the Château des ducs de Bretagne. This prime destination also has ample monuments, gardens and other curiosities – and is reachable via public transport from the park.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Hosts speak English Quiet place, clean facilities fairly close to …
Would definitely stay here again, marked it as a favourite.
Fantastic place to stay
Fabulous relaxing site with lots of games for children and free wifi
Beautiful site, kind and accommodating owners
A lovely and tranquil site with simple but very efficient amenities.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Outdoor pool nearby
The lush Loire area’s known for its fab French villages and cracking castles, so a satisfying trip can be spent flitting from old-world settlements to stately buildings with scenic views in between.
Try the town of Clisson, 25 minutes’ drive from the site, for something a bit different: it’s got Italianate architecture, vineyards and a river setting. Saint-Philbert-de-Grand-Lieu, 20 minutes' drive away, has a ninth-century abbey and is the gateway to the Park and Garden Réserve Naturelle du Lac de Grand-Lieu wetlands if your inner twitcher’s gagging for a look at its 800 species of birds.
A little further on in the Vendée region (50 minutes’ drive) is Puy du Fou, a historical theme park with re-enactments from throughout history and the second most popular in France after Disneyland Paris.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Le Relais des Garennes have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Le Relais des Garennes dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Le Relais des Garennes? The lush Loire area’s known for its fab French villages and cracking castles, so a satisfying trip can be spent flitting from old-world settlements to stately buildings with scenic views in between. … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Le Relais des Garennes?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 1:30 p.m. – 5 p.m. Depart by: noon