This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful site on an organic farm 10 minutes' drive from Llanidloes
- Half an hour's drive from walks in Elan Valley and Hafren Forest
- Home-reared meat available on site; eco-friendly facilities
Old Chapel Farm is a spacious Powys site in a secluded valley, 1000 feet above sea level and about 10 minutes’ drive from Llanidloes. It’s described by the owners as ‘a peaceful haven for people and wildlife on an organic farm’ and they’ve pretty much nailed the essence of the place there.
The aim is for the owners to live off the land – and to that end, this is a place where you’ll be surrounded by Jersey cows, a flock of sheep, a poultry collection, bees and extensive veg gardens, along with woodlands and alternative energy supplies (plus some friendly retrievers who love having kids around). And you can share in some of that bounty too, as there’s home-reared beef and lamb available on site for barbecuing.
It’s all very friendly but they’d just like to offer a small word of caution: this isn’t a site for those seeking proper luxury, as the very nature of the place means you’re likely to encounter such things as sheep droppings here and there…
Facilities on site include a solar-heated shower, a firepit, an awning to cook under and compost loos.
Open from 08/06/2021 to 09/06/2021
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Basic but super interesting site, one you won't find many of
Everything! Loved the ethos of the farm. We had a …
Everything! Beautiful place, very welcoming host. An interesting and unique …
A quirky little farm which was great fun to explore.
We stayed in a black yurt! Everything just as described …
Nice basic site, good location
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Dedicated toilet per pitch
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Lake and/or mountain
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
- Coach stations
Llanidloes: The Gro Bus Station
— 4.7 kilometers
4.7 kilometers Llangurig (Powys): Coach Stop — 7.3 kilometers
7.3 kilometers Llandinam (Powys): Coach Stop — 9.0 kilometers
- Train stations
Caersws Rail Station
— 12.3 kilometers
12.3 kilometers Newtown (Powys) Rail Station — 16.9 kilometers
16.9 kilometers Pen-y-Bont Rail Station — 19.7 kilometers
- Ferry ports
Porth Penrhyn Ferry Landing
— 50.1 kilometers
— 98.3 kilometers
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Llanidloes (market town): 10 minutes’ drive
- Clywedog reservoir: 20 minutes
- Yamaha Off Road Experience (motorbike trails): 20 minutes
- Red Kite Feeding Station, Rhayader: 25 minutes
- Elan Valley walks: half an hour
- Hafren Forest: half an hour
- Devil’s Bridge Falls: 35 minutes
- Aberdyfi beach: an hour.
- MOMA Wales - Y Tabernacl (31.1 kilometers)
- Powis Castle & Garden (35.0 kilometers)
- Vale of Rheidol Railway (Aberystwyth) (39.5 kilometers)
- Cwmmau Farmhouse (41.3 kilometers)
- Carding Mill Valley and the Shropshire Hills (48.0 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|RV, trailer and tent sites|
|Arrive:||noon –||9:30 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||9:30 p.m.|
It is recommended that you arrive before dark, as this is a remote, rural area without lighting.
Old Chapel Farm cancelation policy
No refunds within 8 weeks of arrival date.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancelations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Old Chapel Farm will debit the balance from your card 8 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 8 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the site is able to relet your unit/pitch.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
Payment methods accepted at the parkPayPal
Terms and conditionsPark booking terms and conditions
- Does Old Chapel Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Old Chapel Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Old Chapel Farm? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Llanidloes (market town): 10 minutes’ drive - Clywedog reservoir: 20 minutes - Yamaha Off Road Experience (motorbike trails): 20 minutes - Red Kite Feeding Station, Rhayader: … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Old Chapel Farm?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – 9:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Depart by: noon
It is recommended that you arrive before dark, as this is a remote, rural area without lighting.Read more