This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- In a rural peaceful area with easy access to shops and local pubs
- Orchard walks with stunning views of Somerset
- In a 12-acre orchard; restaurant 200 yards away and pub within a mile
Somerset camping… even the phrase sounds peaceful. Add in an orchard and – well, all is sorted for peaceful somerset stays. (And spectacular views too, of course.)
West Down Orchard Touring and Camping Park is a family-run site set deep in green Somerset countryside, in a 12-acre orchard with those spectacular views. This is the place to settle for rest, relaxation and splendid walks throughout the nearby farmland and countryside lanes; dogs are welcome on site too.
Pitches here drain well even in heavy rain, to suit stays in all weathers, and are generously sized with plenty of room around. The park has a big and up-to-date facilities block with separate ladies' and gents' areas and free hot showers, and a launderette with washing machine and tumble dryer.
The small on-site shop stocks daily essentials, a restaurant is just down the road and the local pub is a mile away.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
great site, staff always friendly and smiling, great size pitches
Friendly staff facilities lot really good but we were self contained
Excellent site with happy staff always willing to help
Excellent service ,friendly staff perfect site clean well serviced
Friendly owner. Nothing is too much trouble. Clean amenities. Beautiful …
Great site easy to book
Site owner/manager very friendly, kind and helpful.
Nice site, good location, friendly staff, level hardstanding, vfm.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Tourer storage facilities
- Coach stations
Ilminster: Market Square Coach Stop
— 6.6 kilometers
6.6 kilometers Ilchester: Lyster Close Coach Stop — 11.9 kilometers
11.9 kilometers Yeovil Bus Station — 13.3 kilometers
- Train stations
Crewkerne Rail Station
— 7.2 kilometers
7.2 kilometers Yeovil Pen Mill Rail Station — 14.3 kilometers
14.3 kilometers Yeovil Junction Rail Station — 14.4 kilometers
- Ferry ports
Bridgwater Ferry Terminal
— 26.3 kilometers
26.3 kilometers Weymouth Ferry Terminal — 44.6 kilometers
44.6 kilometers Weston-super-Mare Knightstone Harbour — 47.9 kilometers
Exeter International Airport
— 47.9 kilometers
Although it's in a peaceful rural spot, West Down Orchard Touring and Camping Park has easy access to local shops and pubs, and to a good range of attractions in Somerset and down over the border into Dorset. Ilminster, recommended by the West Down owners as one of the finest small market towns in south Somerset, is five miles away.
Historic types have the Elizabethan mansion and surrounding gardens of the National Trust-managed Montacute House to wander five miles from base, and the Fleet Air Arm Museum nine miles away, telling the tale of British naval aviation. If engines get you humming, over 400 cars and motorcycles and a collection of other automobilia are at the Haynes International Motor Museum 16 miles away.
Glastonbury and its Tor are 18 miles from the site; if you fancy beach, coast and fossil foraging, Lyme Regis is about 20 minutes' drive away.
- Montacute House (7.4 kilometers)
- Fleet Air Arm Museum (15.3 kilometers)
- Mapperton House & Gardens (17.4 kilometers)
- Barrington Court (4.4 kilometers)
- Montacute House (7.4 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|RV, trailer and tent sites|
|Arrive:||noon –||6:30 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11:30 a.m.|
West Down Orchard Touring and Camping Park cancelation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancelations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted at the parkCash
Terms and conditionsPark booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does West Down Orchard Touring and Camping Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is West Down Orchard Touring and Camping Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near West Down Orchard Touring and Camping Park? Although it's in a peaceful rural spot, West Down Orchard Touring and Camping Park has easy access to local shops and pubs, and to a good range of attractions in Somerset and … Read more
When can I check in and check out of West Down Orchard Touring and Camping Park?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – 6:30 p.m. Depart by: 11:30 a.m.