This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Rural pop-up site with views of Cornish countryside and coast
- A 15-minute walk from the coast path and beach at Porthtowan
- Dogs welcome on site; campfires and barbecues allowed
Whatley's Rest Campsite is a pop-up site on the edge of the village of Porthtowan, with gorgeous Cornish countryside views all around and pubs, restaurants and local shops all 15 minutes' walk away.
This coastal park is around a 15-minute walk from the South West Coast Path and Porthtowan's sandy beach, and is surrounded by plenty of footpaths and bridleways for those who'd like to mix up coast and countryside views. Surf lessons and play parks are also in the village, so activity is on hand for all ages.
Getting out and about to the rest of Cornwall should be quite easy from here, as it's only about 10 minutes' drive to the A30 for jaunts to the county's further reaches. When planning days out, ask the site about discounts on lessons at a surf school in nearby Gwithian; you can also nab a voucher for money off at a seafood restaurant at the fishing harbour in pretty Porthleven (half an hour's drive away).
All essential facilities are provided at this four-acre site, including hot showers, compost toilets and a communal washing-up/sink area. Dogs are welcome to join you at this park, but you’ll need to keep them on a lead while on site and make sure you clean up after them.
Open from 07/16/2021 to 08/27/2021
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Distance markers in shared facilities
Hand sanitizing stations
Removal of soft furnishings (e.g. decorative cushions)
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
St Agnes: Hotel Bus Stop
— 4.8 kilometers
4.8 kilometers Redruth: Rail Station Coach Stop — 5.3 kilometers
5.3 kilometers Pool (Cornwall): Cornwall College Coach Stop — 5.9 kilometers
- Train stations
Redruth Rail Station
— 5.3 kilometers
5.3 kilometers Camborne Rail Station — 8.4 kilometers
8.4 kilometers Perranwell Rail Station — 11.9 kilometers
- Ferry ports
Trelisick Ferry Landing
— 17.1 kilometers
17.1 kilometers Ponsharden Ferry Landing — 17.1 kilometers
17.1 kilometers Tolverne Ferry Landing — 17.3 kilometers
Newquay St Mawgan Airport
— 25.4 kilometers
25.4 kilometers Penzance Airport — 25.6 kilometers
25.6 kilometers Land's End St Just Airport — 35.9 kilometers
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Wheal Coates Tin Mine: 10 minutes' drive
- Godrevy National Trust beach: 15 minutes
- Healy's Cornish Cyder Farm: 15 minutes
- Hayle (five-mile-long sandy beach): 20 minutes
- Gwithian beach and surf school: 20 minutes
- Perranporth beach: 20 minutes
- St Michael's Mount (island and stately home): 25 minutes
- St Ives (resort town with art galleries and beaches): 25 minutes
- Porthleven Harbour: half an hour
- Flambards Theme Park: half an hour.
- Cornwall Industrial Discovery Centre (5.8 kilometers)
- Truro Cathedral (14.0 kilometers)
- Lappa Valley Steam Railway (17.4 kilometers)
- Cornish Mines and Engines (5.9 kilometers)
- Godrevy (11.4 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|RV, trailer and tent sites|
|Arrive:||4 p.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
|Arrive:||4 p.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Whatley’s Rest Campsite cancelation policy
No refunds within 10 days of arrival date.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancelations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Whatley’s Rest Campsite will debit the balance from your card 4 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 4 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted at the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsPark booking terms and conditions
- Does Whatley’s Rest Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Whatley’s Rest Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Whatley’s Rest Campsite? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Wheal Coates Tin Mine: 10 minutes' drive - Godrevy National Trust beach: 15 minutes - Healy's Cornish Cyder Farm: 15 minutes - Hayle (five-mile-long sandy beach): … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Whatley’s Rest Campsite?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.