Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Peaceful family-friendly site on the outskirts of Chichester
- A 45-minute walk to the city centre; 15 minutes' drive to the beach
- Playing field, tennis and playground; centre selling food and drinks
Set off for the city, the bay or the South Downs… all are within half an hour’s drive from Under the Stars Camping at Chichester. At this peaceful dog-friendly West Sussex site at the head of Chichester harbour and just off a country lane (yes, that means countryside views too), you’ll be on the outskirts of Chichester, meaning you get to enjoy the pleasures of the quays, the fishing villages, the bays and the city’s museums, gardens and sights – all on the same trip.
Half an hour's drive from the South Downs National Park and 15 minutes from the closest beach (or 20 minutes from popular West Wittering), this site is also just within reach (but nicely out of earshot) of the city centre, which you can reach with a 45-minute walk or 10-minute drive.
With tennis courts, outdoor gym equipment and croquet lawns available to hire on site (at a small price), you’ll be well-set for family activities. Children can blow off steam running about on the playing field or at the playground.
Afterwards, cool down with a snack from the on-site community centre selling food and drinks (it has toilets and showers on hand for a refresh, too). The centre also runs some evening activities for more entertainment.
Meals on the mind? Pick up pieces for the barbecue from several shops within five minutes’ drive or head into Chichester or the local quaysides for some fish and chips (more varied cuisines in the city centre).
Open from 07/23/2021 to 08/31/2021
Open from 09/16/2021 to 09/19/2021
No bachelor/bachelorette parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
At least one of the party members must be aged 21 or over.
No naked flames are allowed inside the hired accommodation units.
Discount cards and gift vouchers cannot be applied to bookings made via Pitchup.com.
Minimum spacing of 6 metres between pitches.
No cars/motorcycles at the site. All cars must be parked in the designated area.
Single-sex bookings of 6 or more people (couples and immediate family members excepted) are not permitted via Pitchup.com.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the park are unlit.
Check availability at Under The Stars Camping at Chichester…
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Primitive grass tent site
Max. persons: 6 x
One Tent allowed per campsite
Campsite size : Max 6.0m width x 6.0m depth (19.7ft width x 19.7ft depth) Calculated area: 36.0m² (387.5ft²)
Ground type: Grass
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar ($), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Friendly, soft grass pitch.
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
Chichester Bus Station
— 2.8 kilometers
2.8 kilometers Havant Bus Station — 11.7 kilometers
11.7 kilometers Bognor Regis: High Street Coach Stop — 11.9 kilometers
- Train stations
Fishbourne Rail Station
— 0.3 kilometers
0.3 kilometers Bosham Rail Station — 2.1 kilometers
2.1 kilometers Chichester Rail Station — 2.7 kilometers
- Ferry ports
Bosham Hoe Ferry Landing
— 4.3 kilometers
4.3 kilometers West Itchenor Ferry Landing — 4.8 kilometers
4.8 kilometers Hayling Island Ferry Landing — 15.2 kilometers
Shoreham Brighton City Airport
— 37.2 kilometers
37.2 kilometers Southampton Airport — 40.0 kilometers
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Chichester Ship Canal Trust: five minutes’ drive
- Fishbourne Roman Palace (Roman archaeology and sites): five minutes
- Chichester (harbour, marina, cathedral and theatre): 10 minutes
- The Novium Museum (Roman bath house remains): 10 minutes
- Bosham Quay (sailing): 10 minutes
- Pallant House Gallery (museum for modern art): 10 minutes
- South Downs Planetarium and Science Centre: 10 minutes
- Flip Out Chichester (trampoline park): 10 minutes
- Goodwood Motor Circuit: 10 minutes
- Bracklesham Bay: 15 minutes
- Goodwood Race Course: 15 minutes
- Weald & Downland Living Museum (traditional rural houses and grounds): 15 minutes
- Emsworth (fishing village): 15 minutes
- Tinwood Estate (vineyard with wine tasting tours): 15 minutes
- West Dean Gardens (restored gardens): 15 minutes
- Earnley Butterflies, Birds and Beasts (butterfly and birds zoo): 15 minutes
- Tangmere Military & Aviation Museum: 15 minutes
- Pagham Harbour Local Nature Reserve: 20 minutes
- Halnaker Mill (footpath and ancient mill): 20 minutes
- West Wittering beach: 20 minutes
- East Wittering beach: 20 minutes
- Kingley Vale (nature reserve): half an hour.
- Fishbourne Roman Palace (0.7 kilometers)
- Chichester Cathedral (2.7 kilometers)
- Goodwood House (6.7 kilometers)
- Uppark House and Garden (13.7 kilometers)
- Petworth House and Park (22.1 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|RV, trailer and tent sites|
|Arrive:||1 p.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
|Arrive:||1 p.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Under The Stars Camping at Chichester cancelation policy
No refunds within 2 weeks of arrival date.
Balance refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the site is able to relet your unit/pitch.
The park is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancelations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Under The Stars Camping at Chichester will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the site is able to relet your unit/pitch.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted at the parkCash
Terms and conditionsPark booking terms and conditions
- Does Under The Stars Camping at Chichester have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Under The Stars Camping at Chichester dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Under The Stars Camping at Chichester? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Chichester Ship Canal Trust: five minutes’ drive - Fishbourne Roman Palace (Roman archaeology and sites): five minutes - Chichester (harbour, marina, cathedral and theatre): 10 minutes … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Under The Stars Camping at Chichester?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Under The Stars Camping at Chichester? From $52.06 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability