This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Pop-up site on a farm five minutes' drive from Alnwick
- A five-minute drive to Boulmer beach; 35 minutes to Holy Island
- Peaceful, spacious site with no-music policy; a mile from the A1
Peppermoor Pitches is a quiet pop-up site on a Northumberland farm about five minutes’ drive from the lovely historic town of Alnwick (famed for its ancient castle, which has starred in several TV programmes and films, and is now home to various activities and entertainments).
There’s gorgeous countryside all around here, and rather handily Peppermoor is right next to a public bridleway so it’s easy for walkers and cyclists to get out and explore. Dogs are welcome to join you on jaunts here but they’ll need to be kept on a lead because of livestock in the surrounding fields.
Although there’s plenty of space here, the number of pitches is limited to make sure the place never feels crowded. There’s also a no-music policy in place so that everyone can have a relaxing experience and enjoy the splendid setting in peace. Facilities have been kept simple for similar reasons, with just portaloos in the field.
You’ll want to see Alnwick Castle, of course, but there’s plenty more to see and do around here, including more castles, outings to Holy Island and days at the beach (both Alnmouth and Boulmer are within a 10-minute drive). Getting out to all of these should be easy enough, as the speedy A1 is only a mile away (something that might be handy to note for those seeking stopovers on long journeys north or south).
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Loved the site, nice and flat and plenty of space …
Nice location. Facilities basic, but as advertised and Nice and …
Quiet and walking
Basic facilities but with the motorhome it was fine
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
- Coach stations
— 4.2 kilometers
4.2 kilometers Bus Station — 27.8 kilometers
27.8 kilometers Bus Station — 27.8 kilometers
- Train stations
Alnmouth Rail Station
— 4.1 kilometers
4.1 kilometers Chathill Rail Station — 12.5 kilometers
12.5 kilometers Acklington Rail Station — 13.6 kilometers
- Ferry ports
North Shields Ferry Terminal
— 49.1 kilometers
Newcastle International Airport
— 43.8 kilometers
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Alnwick Castle and Gardens: five minutes’ drive
- Boulmer beach: five minutes
- Alnmouth beach and golf club: 10 minutes
- Howick Hall Gardens & Arboretum: 10 minutes
- Craster harbour: 10 minutes
- Warkworth Castle: 15 minutes
- Dunstanburgh Castle: 15 minutes
- Bamburgh Castle: 25 minutes
- Holy Island: 35 minutes.
- Howick Gardens & Arboretum (3.5 kilometers)
- The Alnwick Garden (3.5 kilometers)
- Alnwick Castle (4.0 kilometers)
- Dunstanburgh Castle (6.0 kilometers)
- Cragside (19.6 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|RV, travel trailer and tent sites|
|Arrive:||11 a.m. –||9 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
|Arrive:||11 a.m. –||9 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Peppermoor Pitches cancelation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
The park is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancelations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable direct to Peppermoor Pitches on arrival.
Payment methods accepted at the parkCash
Terms and conditionsPark booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Peppermoor Pitches have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Peppermoor Pitches dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Peppermoor Pitches? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Alnwick Castle and Gardens: five minutes’ drive - Boulmer beach: five minutes - Alnmouth beach and golf club: 10 minutes - Howick Hall Gardens & Arboretum: … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Peppermoor Pitches?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.