This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-sized bell tents five minutes' drive from Swadlincote
- Next door to an adventure park, with easy access to National Forest
- Restaurant on site for breakfast and supper, plus well-stocked bar
Fresh air and forest walks without much faff… step this way please. The good folk at YHA National Forest have set up comfy bell tents in their gardens for family stays without any hint of tent peg discussions or worries about forgetting that one tiny (but vital) piece of kit.
In fact, they’ve gone way beyond simply setting them up… they’ve also supplied the spacious tents with bedding, eco-friendly solar lighting, rugs and beanbags to chill out on, and soft flooring to keep all cosy. If that’s not enough room to relax, there’s also a swathe of outdoor space to run about in, plus a games room and lounge area with comfy sofas in the main hostel (which also houses nice warm bathroom facilities).
With all that sorted, what’s left to do? Quite a lot: the site’s in the little village of Moira (a five-minute drive from Swadlincote), within the National Forest – and that, of course, means easy access to a whole network of walking and bike trails. It’s also just possible that any kids you’ve brought along may well note the adventure park next door (it’s got indoor and outdoor bits, so don’t panic if rain clouds should appear…).
Whatever roaming lies ahead in your day, fuel up for the adventure with a proper brekkie on site (a full English or a lighter buffet as you wish). And whatever roaming lies behind you, recover over a sociable supper before putting your feet up in the lounge with drinks from the selection at the bar.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Level pitch lovely friendly people
From the manager...
thank you for taking time to give us a review. We're glad you had a good time and hope to welcome you in our hostel again.
Cleanliness, facilities and location.
From the manager...
thank you for the review, we're glad you chose us for your stay and hope to see you here with us again soon.
From the manager...
Thank you for the lovely scores! We're delighted you had a good time with us and are glad you enjoyed the tents.
Wouldn’t stay again, was ok for the night, staff were great
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
- Coach stations
Woodville (Derbys): Swadlincote Road Coach Stop
— 3.6 kilometers
3.6 kilometers Swadlincote Bus Station — 4.1 kilometers
4.1 kilometers Newhall (Swadlincote): Coach Stop — 5.2 kilometers
- Train stations
Burton-on-Trent Rail Station
— 9.8 kilometers
9.8 kilometers Willington Rail Station — 12.9 kilometers
12.9 kilometers Polesworth Rail Station — 13.2 kilometers
- Ferry ports
Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal
— 122.1 kilometers
East Midlands Airport
— 17.8 kilometers
17.8 kilometers Birmingham International Airport Terminal 1 — 34.0 kilometers
34.0 kilometers Birmingham International Airport — 34.0 kilometers
You’re in the National Forest, so at least a little bit of walking or bike riding must be on the cards? Walkers may like to set out on the four-mile Ashby Trail, which runs through the village, while biking types should seek out the Hick’s Lodge Cycle Centre two miles away, for a family-friendly trail (or the 113-mile National Cycle Route 63 for rather more of a challenge).
Not content with sticking to ground level? Head over to Conkers adventure park a five-minute walk away, to tackle high and low ropes, a zipwire and climbing walls (or a less intimidating fairy labyrinth and maze for the small sorts). If it’s one of those damp Derbyshire days, retreat to the Enchanted Forest play area and other indoor bits.
Other options for family outings might include Twycross Zoo, or trying to tire out the tiddlers at Rebound Trampoline Park (both 10 minutes’ drive). If you’ve managed to grab a bit of grownup time, perhaps a round at the local golf course (10 minutes) or a round of a different kind at National Brewery Centre (15 minutes).
- National Forest (0.4 kilometers)
- Conkers Discovery Centre (0.7 kilometers)
- Calke Abbey (9.3 kilometers)
- Calke Abbey (9.0 kilometers)
- Staunton Harold Church (9.4 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does YHA National Forest have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is YHA National Forest dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near YHA National Forest? You’re in the National Forest, so at least a little bit of walking or bike riding must be on the cards? Walkers may like to set out on the four-mile Ashby Trail, … Read more
When can I check in and check out of YHA National Forest?
On-park accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.